Chapter Sixteen, A Wedding

Edited 8/2/2022

Edited 8/2/2022

Chapter Sixteen, A Wedding

It was the day of Emily and Sam's wedding and Valerie was so excited for them, she was also eager to see how Jake was copying now that he'd shifted, he had shifted the day after the Hen Do, so his and Valerie's battle would have to wait until the next Full Moon but Jake didn't mind as he didn't want to become the Alpha at sixteen; so he continued to let Sam lead the pack. It was nearly time to leave as Valerie was one of the bridesmaids along with the other girls. She wore a beautiful sky blue A-Line, v-neck, floor length chiffon dress that cinched in at the waist and had a slit up the left leg to mid thigh that she paired with nude ankle strapped heels.

Val was nearly finished as she was just adding the finishing touches. Her hair was curled and put in a half up, half down style with a few strands framing her face, silver- blue Smokey eyeshadow, black eye liner, black mascara and orange lipstick. Valerie smiled as she watched Jasper throw Jace up and then catch him as the two laughed.
"You look beautiful darlin'." Jasper complimented, as she stood up brushing out the dress and picking up her bouquet of white roses, her nude coloured clutch and the present from her, her Dad, Jasper and Jace.

"Thank you. Are you sure you and Jace don't want to come?" She asked.
"I know they tolerate me more than others and allow me on to the Rez with you or to get you from the Hen Do." He added teasingly, kissing Valerie's cheek which was a hot pink from her blush as she remembered how drunk they all were. "But it wouldn't be fair to Emily or Sam to make things tense on their wedding day or to bring Jace who will cry when he wants you as you come down the aisle with the other bridesmaids, or when he gets bored, even if they would understand. Besides, we can have Daddy-Son day in the park." Jasper said, rubbing his nose against Jace's.
"You really are an amazing Dad, Jasper and I couldn't wish for a better father for him." Val said sincerely and heartfeltly.
"Thank you my love." Jasper said, standing with Jace in his arms and kissing Val soundly.

"And you are an amazing mother, Val. But, you need to get going otherwise you'll be late." Jasper said, sounding reluctant to let Valerie go now that she was in his arms.
"Okay I'll see you later. Be safe and I love you both." Valerie said, kissing them.
"Love you too darlin', please be careful." Jasper pleaded. Valerie promised she would be and left the house getting into her car and driving to St Anne's church where the wedding was going to be held. As she pulled in she immediately spotted Sam and Paul standing outside the church doors as Sam greeted everyone.
"Val, thank you for coming and for being a bridesmaid." Sam greeted, pulling Valerie into a hug and then Paul did as soon as she had walked up to them.

"You know I wouldn't miss it for the world, Sam." Valerie smiled at him.
"No Jasper and Jace?" Paul asked.
"No, Jasper didn't want to push his luck around all of you and make things tense on your wedding day, Sam, so he stayed home for a Daddy-Son day with Jace." Valerie explained.
"That's very considerate of him." Sam said. "They're waiting for you in the back room." Nodding Valerie hugged them one last time and made her way inside.

"Val!" Seth shouted, as soon as he spotted Valerie waving her over while Sue and Harry scolded their son for shouting in a church even if they were in the back room.
"Hi Sweetie." Sue greeted motherly, as she and Harry walked over from talking to Emily and pulled Valerie into a tight hug.
"Hi Sue, Hi Harry." Valerie greeted, hugging them both, once she'd greeted Emily and the other girls she turned back towards the elder Clearwaters. "You both okay?"
"We're fine Val, thank you." Harry smiled. "How're you, Jasper, Jace and your Dad? I haven't seen him much."
"We're okay, but Dad is stressing himself out over all the missing people cases especially as there's a chance they've been turned and Bella is not helping matters." Valerie explained quietly.

They all talked for a little while longer until Seth and the elder Clearwaters had to go take their seats, a moment later the music started and Kim exited the back room followed by Angela, Rachel, Cara, Leah, Valerie and finally the bride herself: Emily. She looked beautiful in her simple high neck mermaid lace dress with lace for the sleeves and the high collar of the dress with a matching veil. The love that shone in her eyes and in Sam's as they stared at each other was breathtaking; Valerie only hoped that when she walked down the aisle, Jasper would look at her like that. The ceremony was beautiful and Valerie had been reduced to tears by the heartfelt and moving vows they had written for each other. She was glad she had packed a pack of tissues in her bag. Although she was moved by the vows she kept her hand in Leah's offering her silent support throughout the ceremony, despite her being over what happened it never hurt to have some comfort just in case.

The reception afterwards was being held in the hall off of the church with a buffet style available, and simple white and sky blue decorations, matching Valerie and the other girls' bridesmaid dresses, covering the hall and the tables; it was beautiful.
"Emily, Sam congratulations I'm so happy for you both and wish you all the happiness you deserve." Valerie said, hugging them after giving them the gift from all of them.
"Thank you Val." Emily said, hugging her tightly. "And thank you so much for coming and please thank Charlie and Jasper from us both too. Sam told me the reason why he didn't come, I understand why but I wish he did so I can thank him in person." Emily smiled.
"Enjoy the reception Val." Sam said, after pulling her into a hug.

After saying hello to a few people Valerie grabbed a Diet Coke and a plate for food and joined Jacob, Angela, Cara, Embry and Quil at their table.
"Hi guys, can I join you?" Valerie asked.
"Of course Val. Sit." Quil said, pulling a chair out that was between him and Jacob, and leaving him besides Cara who had imprinted on him.
"Thanks." Valerie smiled, setting her drink and food down and taking her seat. "So, Alice is throwing a party at her place for our graduation. All of you are invited." Valerie told them happily.

"Well everyone is invited but it's likely Paul and Jared are working and covering for Sam who'll be with Emily." She added.
"Sure, we'll come. I agreed to support my Angie anyway." Jacob smiled, kissing Angela's cheek as they all talked and laughed with each other, getting up to dance quite a few times with each other as well. Once they saw Emily and Sam off on their honeymoon, Valerie headed home herself as she was absolutely exhausted but she had thoroughly enjoyed herself tonight.