Chapter Thirty-Five, Epilogue

They had said goodbyes to a few of the vampires who had helped them, all the while making new friends and allies, and promised to keep in touch. But a few had stuck around wanting to see Jace again like Peter and Char, and the Denali's. Or meet him for the first time like Garrett who was giving up his nomadic ways to live with Kate and surprisingly, Benjamin and Tia. Valerie and Jasper hadn't wanted to risk Jace by bringing him over to Esme's when the house had been full to bursting with other vampires.

Three days later they were heading over with Jace, who Melinda and Jean-Paul had brought over that morning. Once they saw that they were in one piece, Melinda and Jean-Paul had held Jasper and Valerie tightly for several minutes before they had to get to work. Jasper and Valerie had missed their baby so much, and Cameron and Aubrey had missed their brother pressing kisses all over Jace's face much like Jasper and Valerie do. And Jace had missed them all. He would cry whenever Valerie put him down so it had taken a while to get him into the car seat and then to calm him down. All the way to Esme's, Cameron and Aubrey were very sweet and tried to comfort and distract their brother, with very little success. Which had upset them despite Jasper and Valerie praising them for being such a good and kind brother and sister.

Jace's cries attracted everyone out front as we parked the car, all of them were extremely worried about Jace.
"What's wrong with Jace?" Tanya asked, concerned.
It had also been revealed that Valerie's Dad, Charlie, was her mate which would be interesting when he comes back from fishing later that day.
"Nothing. He just didn't want Valerie to put him down." Jasper answered as he helped Aubrey out of the car and then got Jace while Valerie got Cameron. "It's alright lil' man. Shh." Jasper tried to calm him down but it didn't work.

"Okay let's pass you to Mama. There we go." Jasper said as he placed him in Valerie's arms, pressing a kiss to his forehead and then to Valerie's lips as Jace finally started to calm down.
"Uncle Peter, will you and Auntie Char come back to visit us after our holiday?" Cameron asked from where he was perched on Peter's back.
How that happened Valerie had no clue. She only took her eyes off him for a second.
"Please Uncle Peter, Auntie Char?" Aubrey asked from Garrett's shoulders.

"Of course lil' lady." Peter laughed. "How can I say no to you and your brother when you both look at me with brown puppy dog eyes." He asked which caused Cameron and Aubrey to cheer happily.
"You're too soft." Char laughed, shaking her head at her husband.
"I am not!" Peter denied as Jasper and Valerie reached the doorstep.
"Jasper's the same." Valerie teased, laughing when Jasper placed butterfly kisses on Valerie's neck and whispered in her ear.
"I'll get you back for that darlin'." He whispered growled as he squeezed her hip making Valerie's lower stomach to tighten in excitement.

"Grandma Tanya, are you coming on holiday with us and Grandpa Charlie?" Aubrey asked.
"Erm, if Mummy and Daddy don't mind." Tanya said hesitantly.
"Of course not." Jasper and Valerie said together.
"It'll give you and Dad a chance to get to know one another better." Valerie continued, smiling softly at her.
"Valerie, Aubrey is so beautiful. So is Jace. They both definitely take after their mother." Tia and Benjamin complimented.
"Thank you. Cameron definitely has his father's looks." Valerie said, looking over at Cameron who was now on Jasper's shoulders and easily spotted the similarities between father and son.

"Poor Cam." Emmett joked only to be growled at by Jasper and slapped around the head by Rosie. "I'm kidding." Emmett said as he rubbed the back of his head while Bree giggled at her parents.
"Jasper, I have to say mate, you have your work cut out for you." Garrett laughed, slapping Jasper's shoulder and tickling Aubrey who was still on his back. "A beautiful mate like Valerie and a daughter as beautiful as their mother. You will have all the guys after them, despite the mate-ships."
"No! I'll help Daddy! So will Jace when he's bigger!" Cameron shouted a frown on his face. "And Mummy loves Daddy!"
"Of course I do, darling." Valerie said kissing his hand as that's all she could reach with him on Jasper's shoulders.

"And I'll protect Aubrey and Jace, they're my little brother and sister." Cameron continued.
"And you are a wonderful big brother, Cameron." Esme praised, smiling softly at him.
"Let's head inside and get the little ones something to eat." Alice exclaimed, clapping her hands.
"Nana." Aubrey called, gathering Esme's attention. "Can we watch Little Mermaid please?"
"Aubrey, it's your brother's turn to pick a movie." Jasper said sternly before Esme could agree.
"What would you like to watch Cameron?" Esme asked after Aubrey had listened to Jasper and apologised to Cameron.

"Hmm, Greatest Showman, please Nana." Cameron said after a moment of thought as Aubrey cheered as all three of them liked dancing to the songs, it really was very cute.
"Of course you can." Esme agreed as Cameron thanked her and joined Aubrey in singing the songs.
"Mama." Jace said as he patted Valerie's cheek.
"What is it, my darling?" Valerie asked, brushing her hand through his curls.
"Wuv Mama." Jace said as he gave Valerie a wet kiss to her cheek. While everyone, including Valerie, melted he was just so precious.
"I love you too Jace." Valerie said, kissing his nose and making him giggle.

After they had eaten Cameron and Aubrey were dancing and singing in front of the Tv while Jace tried to copy his siblings as everyone, including Klaus (who had returned from hunting an hour ago),  sat and watched them dance and sing with each other instead of the film. As Valerie sat curled against Jasper watching their babies giggle and dance together, everyone recorded them on their phones as this moment was just so precious and exactly what they had been fighting for.

And for the first time in years Valerie wasn't filled with white-hot anger; she was finally at peace both within herself and with those in her life, and she couldn't help but close her eyes in bliss as her babies raucous laughter and giggles swept throughout her whole being washing away all negative energy and leaving her boneless. Hearing their laughter and that of her husband's was her own personal heaven.

The End!!