Chapter Seventeen, Mother-Son Time

Edited 8/2/2022

Edited 8/2/2022

Chapter Seventeen, Mother-Son Time

Valerie's P.O.V:

I was the only one at home at the moment so I decided to spend it relaxing in the garden with my son. A blanket spread out beneath us as he played with his toys, a happy smile on my face as I played with him and watching him play, lovingly. Jace was in a cute outfit that Jasper would love. He wore a white T-shirt with red 3/4 length sleeves and in red writing on the front that said, 'Just a good 'ol boy', blue jeans and brown cowboy boots.

Whereas, I was dressed in a red tartan skirt with black suspenders attached that I left hanging, red thigh high boots, a long-sleeved off-the-shoulder red top, my hair in braids to the base of my neck and matching red nails, eyeshadow, lipstick and black eyeliner and mascara. Jace's coat and my red leather jacket sat besides us just in case it turned cold. Bella was off in the woods even though I told her not to go but she never listens and Dad was off fishing with Harry.
"You've got to keep your shoes on, my love." I laughed, slipping his little shoes back on his feet.

"Mama. Dada." Jace asked cutely, playing with his stuffed wolf.
"Dada will be back later, my love." I said, kissing his cheeks softly, seemingly satisfied Jace cuddled into me as we played together for the rest of the day. Around lunchtime, we head back inside, popping Jace into his high chair so I can make both of us some lunch. Consisting of some ham sandwich squares on plain brown bread for Jace with some banana pieces and a few raisins and a bottle of follow on milk. While I had some orange juice, a ham sandwich on brown seeded bread and an apple, though I only ate mine after I helped Jace. Before we moved into the living room as it was starting to get chilly.

***

Jace and I startled awake. Jace woke up crying on my chest where we had fallen asleep on the sofa, the reason for us startling awake was Bella. Who came charging into the house shouting for Dad who was in the kitchen with Harry sorting out their fishing gear. When did they get back? They must have come back when we were asleep.
"Shhh it's okay my love." I soothed, picking up Jace holding him close as we followed Bella into the kitchen.
"Dad! I saw them." Bella cried.
"What's the matter?" Dad asked, concerned.