"Didn't you see the letter she gave you?"

"Yes, but it was only a letter about the the banquet. She only asked to sit next to me which I did?"

"There was more too it Donatello. Since the first day she said she would take your last name. I can't blame her; it is what I used to be like."

He tried not to smile as he remembered my confession in the bathroom. I hit him and he chuckled. He knew I had fallen in love with Leo even before I met him; it would always be a regret of mine.

"I have to go talk to her. My heart will never be at peace if Sarai leaves this kingdom upset at me"

Donatello nodded at my word, kissing my lips before leading me towards the party. "I'll tell them you two went to explore the grounds" he says.

I nodded and gathered my dress to run and find Sarai. I hope she hadn't ventured too far away.

——

"Sarai!! Sarai!!" I shouted. It had been close to an hour and there was still no signs of her. Nervously, I run across the palace garden that led to the main entrance. There was a fountain in the middle of the plains. I see the wrinkled ends of a blue sequined dress in the distance just near the edge of the stone.

I tiptoed over to the foundation and take my place beside her, looking up to the stars. She made sure to avoid my gaze.

"I am mad at you" she announces, her eyes still facing the sky. "But I am more mad at myself."

"Why?" I ask. She pushes a hand to her dress and picks out a peace of fuzz from the edges.

"Because I am jealous...." she whispered.

"Jealous? Of me?" I sigh, taken offense at her statement. Little did she know! My stay at Genovia was a living nightmare! She had nothing to be jealous of!

"You were whisked away to a enchanted kingdom. You get to live in royalty wearing crowns and pretty dresses. Now you have two handsome men fawning after you. It is expected because you are beautiful but stil.. no one looks at me in Cedonia" she confessed, finally meeting my eyes.

I sigh and pull her into my arms. I did not blame her for having a romanticized image of my life. It was what Leo and I were trying to express all week.

"Sarai...trust me when I tell you this, you do not want my life. Wearing pretty dresses is nice and having a crown that shines bright makes me feel important but underneath the dresses are bruises. Beneath the crown are scars that I hide. I get expensive gifts but that is to replace the ones he has already killed. If I tell you the horrors Leo has inflicted on me you would curse yourself for even imagining a life like mine."

"What do you mean?" she whispers, looking into my eyes again. Silence painted the scene until she found her voice again. "Tell me..." she hesitated for a moment, adamant to hear my truth and so, I told her everything. I would not be the one to to spare Leo's image anymore.

——

"And I had letters! A whole bunch of them but...they were burned"

"Burned?" Sarai looked into my eyes, still shocked at the growing list of monstrosities done by Leo. I nodded and frowned. "By who."

I looked at her and she instantly understood. She looked at me in horror before tears streamed down her cheeks. "I am so sorry Calla" she sobbed, regretting her jealousy immediately.

"I should have told you about Donatello but... I didn't want the perfect image Leo and I were trying to paint to be ruined"

"So that is why you cursed him in the dining room yesterday?" 

"Yes..he is trying to wedge a distance between Donatello and I...he is jealous of him? Or maybe me? I haven't figured it out yet"

"I would be jealous too. You two are so in tune"

"We are?"

"I saw that kiss you and him shared. It was a kiss that would put even Romeo to shame." I chuckled as I heard her praise before kissing her cheek.

"That makes me beam. I am glad you like him. He is a wonderful spirit ."

We were silent, choosing to look up at the stars once again. "So you are no longer mad at him or I?"

"No...I understand why now that you have spoken your truth. He is very nice plus all he kept talking about was you and how smart and beautiful you were and how lucky a sister I was too have you. Blah blah" she frowned before looking into my eyes and giggling.

I was glad Sarai was wise beyond her years. How quickly she understood the situation in Genovia and the controversy surrounding my life.

"He is a wise man. That's why I fell in love with him"I smiled and hugged her.

"Come on. Mother is probably worried about us. We've been missing for quite some time. Let's walk back."

And we walk hand in hand back to the palace of Genovia.