Babysitting Blues

En başından başla

That disgusting look soon changed. The only leg still on the floor wibbled before tripping over.. Panic flashed on his face. Quickly, he threw his lifted leg back down to the ground but it was all in vain. Both of his legs parted to create a split and slid further and further from one another. His butt hit the ground with a loud bang.

Small shocked pupils stared back into yours before a familiar smug devil smile crept back on the idiots face. The model-like darkener cups his chin with his hand."Doth can see that I am one of much skills and grandness! Without such the water beetle will consume thine from head to toe!" He yelled without a second thought.

Your eyes widen at him as your mouth falls. You lift your finger up to your mouth before quickly shushing him. "What are you doing-?" Passes through your mouth in between your clenched teeth. "Do you want him to wake up?"

Without even an acknowledgement of your concerns. The blue darkner places his hands on the floor and gets back up, the paper still clinging onto the bottom of his legs. "Do you take me to be a bumbling worm? Whom gavest thou the authority to dictate how to do my work?" He crosses his arms and tilts his chin up to the ceiling. "Pitiful that thine wouldest be my substitution!"

You wince at his still booming tone. How in the hell hasn't that kid woken up yet? "Look I get it. You don't like this situation. I don't like it as well." You glance over to the child. He was still as a statue, his tongue out and proud. You didn't know how much longer he would stay like that with Kaard around."-but anyone with half a brain should know that you shouldn't yell around a sleeping child."

A dramatic gasp flies out of the pretty boy's mouth. "Thine does believe that thyself hast all the answers-" His eyes shaped at you as a deep frown carved through his handsome features. He places his hand in the middle of his chest."Truly then you hast no need for any assistance from mineself!"

You let out a loud sigh as you slap the middle of your forehead. This guy just likes starting drama doesn't he. "It's common sense dude. Don't act like this is some grand revelation." You step towards the infant, staring down at his face. You wish you could get a better look at him but your helmet makes everything look just a tad distorted. "Anyways- are you going to tell me his routine-"

"Geh ha ha! Mine was not fibbing worm! You hast earned yourself the troublesome water beetle all to thineself!"

Your mouth dropped open as your head sprung back to him. Confusion wars on your features. "Rouxls, you can't be serious." You didn't like the guy before but this is a whole new level of petty. Was he on a power trip or something?

A cruel smile fills his face as he looks down at you, delighting in the look on your face."I willest be back whence the water beetle needest feed." He winks and a window shatters in your mind. You can feel the blood rush to your fists. He was going to leave the King's son in a room with someone... a mere stranger. But no, his bruised ego was more important to him than this kid's safety.

The anger boiling inside spilled out of you. "If you leave I swear to the angel that I will-!" Bright light shoots directly into your cornea. You hiss clenching your helmet, covering up the holes that allowed the cursed light to blind you. That narcissistic diva!

You have no doubt in your mind that he decided to teleport in the middle of your sentence just to piss you off even more. Blood trickled down from your bitten gums.

You clench the helmet on your head, molding your fingers into it as you bent the metal it was made out of. How many punches would it take to turn that bimbo into a fine mist of blood and dust? Probably only one. You could kill him so easily...

Without a thought, you pulled that disgusting thing off of your head and tossed it onto the floor, not caring at all about the loud clank flying in the atmosphere.

How dare he? Who does he think he is? He's supposed to be your partner! Tears threaten to enter your raging gaze. He didn't even hold a candle to... Rudinn...

You take in a deep breath, forcing your hands back up to your face. A switch flipped in your head. The anger turning into sorrow. No, no- Stop. You can't... You can't break down right now.

One... You wrap your arms around yourself.

Two... Your back rubs against the cradle as you fall down to the floor.

Three... You exhale out the stress in your mind.

Calm. You are calm. You have survived much worse before. You have a child right behind you that needs you to be sane and take care of him. You are strong enough to do this.

You slowly stand back up forcing a reassured smile on your face. You would do it for him. You turn around.

Your skin turns a pure white. A shiver courses through your whole form. "L-lancer...?" The baby that you swore that you saw there had crude stitch marks down its whole body as stuffing came out of the badly sewn doll.

Hot breath rapidly escapes your mouth. Where was the baby? Y-you saw him he was right here! Although- you were wearing that helmet. Did that make this thing look like a real infant? W-was this always here?

Sweaty palms rip the doll away from the cradle. This doll was sitting in the exact same position you saw the child in when you got here. Your fingers touched something different in the back, something that felt like paper. You quickly turn the doll around.

It was a picture. A very poorly drawn picture. A small blue thing was hiding underneath a table as a question mark was standing next to it. The top of the paper had "Pluy Hid and sek" Written across it. An arrow pointed to the question mark. "Uew fwend."

A lump forms in your throat. Hide and seek? You're supposed to be watching him and- he's already gone. You have no idea where he could even be... You could feel it deep in your gut. The doll was always in here. Lancer has been long gone for a while now... Which means...

He could be anywhere.