SPECIAL: PART SEVEN Dance with the Devil

(AN: ITS BEEN 17 Y E A R S- *Cough* More like 4 months *Cough* S o Y e a h- I've mentioned having mental problems in the past and it all went to crap in the last 4 months. Frequent panic attacks and college looming over me did not help my creative process a t a l l. The good news is that I am genuinely feeling a lot better now. I started exercising again and I've managed to lose a lot of weight which has really helped my mood and focus. Hopefully from here updates will be much more regular again! Thank you to all of the reviews I got over this period. I now feel much more motivated and willing to write again so without further adeu here's the chapter! This chapter's fan art is brought you by Foolish Chaos!)

Your fork glides against the empty plate in front of you, scratching at its finely-polished porcelain. The shining surface reflects a tired, worn-out face. The utensil scrapes against the mirrored neck, right where a deep red mark stood against the outer color—a mark that he made.

You grimace, having to see it in all of its malicious glory. It's disgusting... Disgraceful. You lift up the fork from the plate, touching it against your neck. Maybe you should shove this into your flesh and carve out the horrid thing...

A surge of cold courses through you as you can sense the artist that created this travesty's eyes dig into you. You grit your teeth, lowering the fork back down to the plate. You weren't sure how long it's been since you refused to speak... five minutes? Ten? Maybe even fifteen..?

Your fork grinds against the plate again, the stench of the banquet in front of you assaulting your nostrils with an array of delicious scents. Sugary desserts, mouth-watering meats... And a lot of strange-looking dishes that didn't seem to even belong to this world. There was one that just looked like a transparent cube, for God's sake... You weren't entirely sure if that one was edible.

Not like it mattered to you... the empty plate in front of you hadn't had a morsel on it and that's how it was going to stay.

A small, seemingly lighthearted laugh comes from the fool; although, you could only think of it as mocking your teetering sanity. "Oh my! You must be quite vain if—out of all the delectable bounties of food I slaved over for you—you've decided that yourself is the most delicious thing to have on your plate!" You rolled your eyes, ignoring all that the jester had to say.

This was just one date. A date that was forced upon you by the fool with the predatory gaze and a sick, twisted sense of humor. "You'll be perfect." Perfect... What did this uncaring freak consider perfect? His statement. That simple three-word statement... it felt like everything was behind it. It was the most genuine thing you believe you've heard out of his conniving maw.

Every other questionable simile or purposely vague answer was a small puzzle piece while this was the already done frame for them all to fit inside. If only you could understand what he meant by that. "Of course, It's not that I could blame you for such a thing..." The playful flirtiness of his speech was painfully obvious.

"Out of all of the 5-star gourmet dishes here... You're the only thing I want to sink my teeth into, like an overweight man being left alone with a box of donuts." Your eyes rolled inside of their sockets. It's not funny. He's nowhere near funny. He's a terrifying, mysterious creature with God knows how much power... No one can laugh at that.

At least Jevil could have someone laugh at his jokes. The frown on your mouth curves down more as a silent sigh comes out of your mouth. Jevil... The darkner that you saw last in tears from rejecting his marriage proposal. The only reason you were on this date with Dimentio is because he rescued you from Jevil.

But did Dimentio... really rescue you? From the look of things now... If you knew that this is what Dimentio had in store... you might have been convinced to stay with Jevil instead.