Mental Syndrome

AN: Welcome back to Yandere O'clock with our special fanart of today done by Cyniclpunked on wattpad! Still seeing fanart after these years of working on this makes my heart sing. Thank you for continuing to enjoy the story! This chapter is a bit shorter but it establishes something VERY important- this is probably the chapter I had the most rewrites on.  

A moment in time frozen around you. Entrenching, writhing, insidious- THEM. It was all THEM. Even after their spirit had been long gone, years from the living, their white hand still held the strings you hung from with an iron grip. It didn't matter. It didn't matter that you killed them! They were still fucking up your life all the same with that horrifying expression spreading its cancer into the only time you ever thought you were finally free from them.

The world was spotlighted on your suffering and you were schadenfreude for them to laugh at. Nothing else is around you besides the fleed still frames of photos around you- Hell, it's like you couldn't even feel or see that suit of armor on you anymore. Your plain ungloved hand grasped the picture, flipping it face down on the floor like that would somehow undo the picture you saw...

It's a truth you couldn't swallow even if you tried... when Jevil described how much you reminded him of his lightner and how much you reminded him of them...

"You have always known it to be true, (Y/N)" You couldn't even muster up the energy to be surprised. Steps on the concrete floors beneath you echoed around along with that damn chuckle that used to make you smile long ago before you knew of the demon they truly were inside.

"But you could not accept it, refusing to think about the connections." A dream much like the one from last night, but deep down a part of yourself almost expected something like this to happen. Chara... the demon that calls when people call their name.

That same flavor was in both of them...

"We eradicated together in a path coated in souls and LOVE-" Chara of course knew exactly what you were thinking... they always did. They were always able to read you like a book no matter how hard you tried. Trickling slim fingertips, grab your chin... not forcefully... not nearly as much power you would expect from such a soulless being. Red eyes peered back to yours, mirroring the exact same look that Jevil would give you every time you were in his sight. You hardly even managed to register the fact you were being touched. Your eyelids were drooping with an empty pit inside.

"Ha... ha... and at the end of my crossroad you decided that my flesh should be added to our warpath." The blackened backdrop of their red irises leaked from their eyeballs down to their cheeks. "Did you really think that you could live on without me?" Hellish chuckling throwing itself from inside their ghastly mouth circled around you- more eyes and smiles peered from the darkness. "Foolish... You are everything I trained you to be."

Years... years of being by their side... fighting and yearning for something that could have never been. A war without any victors. Of course. Of course, the darkner that was at Charas side far before you could sense Charas influence on you. Was... Jevil trained by Chara just like you? That was a bitter pill to even think about... How depressed and without purpose, he was without his puppeteer back with him.

Even... even when it was someone so vile as Chara... You remember how hard you cried after it was all over with them. When your rage vanished and all you had was the two bodies in front of you, F-frisk and Chara. There was no direction anymore... you had no more force to keep you going. The only thing keeping you going was Frisk telling you too...