One Last Performance

(AN: Guess who isn't dead! and guess who is back because she found out that someone made a LITERAL CHARACTER AI BOT BASED OFF OF THIS JEVIL BOY! I am not linking it but its one of the first bots if you just look up Jevil. Literally in the fucking prompt for the bot it says that you have a phobia of being touched and also uses a pic from this story as its picture so it is 10000000% inspired by it. As I looked at the number of hits it had it eclipsed the amount of people who have actually read my story which sucks as well. I am not against anyone making a character AI bot off of my Jevil (I do really wish they credited me in the description of the bot though). Do not harass the person who made the bot in anyway by the way. Anyone saying anything super messed up to anyone else over a lack of credit like that I will not support and I will actively dislike you. Anyways have a happy halloween you sinners and enjoy our boy being a stinker once again.)

A circus tent laid in front of you. A droning step by step movement of your feet led you to this exact location. Fate had coiled its tendrils around the two of you, the beast and the hero. Your soul is filled with energy and determination. You knew he would be inside of here. How fitting for the two of you that the location of your great confrontation be the very exact location where he learned the name of the thing that threw him into madness.

His love for you. No, his obsession...

He was never going to back down from the hell those emotions wrought for the world. The scheming, the stalking, the threatening... and the dust that now coated his fingers.

You stood in front of the carnival tent, the stillness of the dark world leaving nothing but the rustling of the trees and the mild breeze. Faintly, a sound can be heard inside, Jevil. You could not make out the words he was saying, the whispers and yells of a mad man.

There had been one thing on your mind throughout the catastrophe that fell upon you. A desire to no longer be the villain in another tragedy. Mercy felt foreign to you. You hadn't shown such before but your soul was enlightened. You have fought Jevil before but this time you are armed. He was going to know the extent of the strength you had gained from every swing, every slice, every sin you committed but, he will know that despite that you showed mercy instead of a killing blow.

Even as you hold your Dragonslayer against your side, you know you are holding back against him. The murmurings of your lightner begging you to choose mercy left you to not use your full strength.

You grabbed the bottom of the purple tent. Just the sensation of the fabric against your fingers sent goosebumps up your spine. This is it. There is no running away. Fate had you entangled with him what comes of it you did not know. All you knew is that you would have a choice in it now.

You tug the side of the circus tent upwards peeking into the battleground.

It was identical to how it was the last time you entered this treacherous location. Circus equipment stowed and untouched. A mirror into a past as you see the carnage from last time. Your blood was fragmented on the spot, a permanent fixture as if it had forever stained the ground holding it. The memory grappled with you. That helplessness... a crimson gaze matching the very gore caused.

You should be paralyzed by the memory. The Angel knows that you have been petrified by such thoughts for this entire tragedy... Instead, your soul expanded, determination to never allow such to happen ever again. Your fingertips wrapped around the hilt of your Dragonslayer.