Puppet on a String

(Author Note: Hello fellas! I'm feeling a little better now so I decided to get this chapter done before my classes started! This adorable art right here is done by Shysten. I hope you all enjoy the chapter!)

Your eyes rip themselves open. Your mouth heaves in air as your heart pumps like a jackhammer. That dream... No, that nightmare- You could barely stop a tear from escaping your eyes. God, you could remember every single part of it. Chara... T-that... that was so realistic.

But it wasn't reality. Your reality was cold... Cuffs dug into your wrists as the cold from the metal chair beneath you made you shiver. The dark navy blue walls around you judged your predicament. They knew that you were a criminal and they were here to separate you from the citizens outside its walls.

Only a single candle was spared for you. A candle that rested on the wall nearby. This is reality. A terrifying dimly lit room that held no warmth for you, only callous. Depressing isn't it? The metal door that stared back at you from the wall was the only indication of possible escape from this place. Even without the door, it would have been much more friendly than that dream.

Somewhere deep inside of your mind questioned if it was more than just a dream. It felt like the dream you had with your lightner Frisk. What if they were talking to you from the afterlife? Your body shivers from the idea of Chara being able to torment you even through death.

No, it has to be just a dream. Both of them have to be... Just really vivid ones. They have to be right? No matter how much you wanted this to be the case a small part of yourself knew that you were just saying that to keep the small amount of sanity you have left. You just have to think of something else! Anything else- You couldn't let yourself be consumed by it.

As if some messed up trickster heard your plight, the ground underneath you shook. Your eyes widen, before being subjected to another quake. The world was trembling over and over again, getting stronger and stronger as time ticked on by.

The sensation... felt almost a bit familiar somehow. A drop of sweat moves down your cheek. Paranoia rises in your chest. Somethings coming... And whatever it is it is powerful.

The doorknob jiggled, making your heart leap in your chest. Every part of your instincts yells at you to get away but the cuffs digging into your wrists refuse to let you escape. The door flies open, slamming against the cold walls of the room. Your eyes widen as your breath gets stuck inside of your throat.

Th-the... King of Spades?

Looming over you was the King himself. His wicked smile made you lose the last bit of color your skin had. He looked triumphant... So proud that he had you captured and stuck in this room. The spade-shaped shadow dripping over the king's eyes almost seems to move, as if the behemoth of a man was checking to make sure that you were finely secure.

"Hahaha... Ah yes, (Y/N)..." The King of Spades announces, shattering the silence of your chamber. His terrifying stare on you made your knees quake in your seat. W-why...? Why was the King of Spades here? The King could have sent anyone down here to interrogate you but choose to grace you with his royal presence. You can't think of a single reason that he would be down here!

The King stepped into the room and he grabs the door behind him. He moves it back into its doorway and it locks itself in with a click. A bead of sweat goes down your forehead. You're locked in a room with a powerful darkner that has every reason to assume that you are a cold-blooded murderer. May the Angel have mercy on your soul.

"Throughout the years I've reigned down here..." The King of Spades turns from the steel door, back to you, making your heart skip a beat. "This room has laid dormant, never used..." The King grabs the top of the chair on his side, the chair scratches against the floor erupting in an ear-piercing screech. The King of Spades sits himself down on the chair. "That is until you."