Before the Curtains Rise

(Authors note: Hello! This fan-art of our boi Jevil is done by I Love Snatchy Boii! You can find them at www.quotev.com/ILoveSnatchyBoii!! I love how stupidly happy Jevil looks. Anyways please enjoy the chapter.)

The solitary scratching of a pen echoes around the room. The pen was dancing around the pages weaving an intricate picture with the power of your words. You click in your writing utensil, wiping the sweat off of your forehead. You read over your writing one last time. Perfect. Just what you wanted. You glance up at the silent clock on the wall. Three-forty was displayed on the hands of the clock.

The show was supposed to be at five o'clock. Scratching your chin, you ponder over if you should try to arrive early to that fools show. If you get there ahead of time, you might be able to take your seat before the inevitable crowd forms. You did have a VIP ticket. Maybe, that's one of its perks? Eh. Whatever you should at least try.

Closing your journal, You open up your nightstand drawer and place both the book and pen inside of it. Grabbing the golden ticket on top of the nightstand, you shamble out of your bed.

You take a glance at the ticket just to make sure you had the right time. Yep, it still says five o'clock. You steadily make your way to the damaged door and slam it behind you. You remove your hand from the door, staring at its new wounds. What an awful hole... You trace your fingers over the splintered wood, feeling the sharpness of its chipped edges. You look around the hole inspecting it. Man, if any smaller darkner wanted to they could slip into our room through that...

The corners of your mouth move downward. If you left your journal here, you would worry about someone stealing it. Sighing, You quickly enter back into your room, and grab your personal writing book and pen again, deciding that they would be much safer with you. You slip your ticket in between the pages of the book and slide the pen onto the leather covering of the book, making it much easier to carry.

Once again closing the door behind you, you take a step away from the door. You pause for a second, your eyebrows furrowed. Where was the theater again? You search your brain trying to think of the answer. Within a moment, you could feel a metaphorical light bulb illuminate over your head.

Oh, yeah, it's on the first floor, isn't it? In the hallway opposite of the cafeteria? Yes, that sounds right. Out of the things Rudinn had shown you on your first day here, the location of the theater was thankfully one of them. You sigh of relief, If you didn't know where the theater was you would have had to look all over the castle for it. It was rather nice to actually know something for a change. With a good idea of where you're going, you start your long walk to the first floor.

Strangely enough, the hallways were practically empty. Throughout your entire trip down there was not a darkner in sight. While it was nice to not have to actively avoid acknowledging any other darkner in the hallway, it also made you a little anxious. Is everyone already in line for the show? Or was there something else going on that you didn't know about?

When you reach the first floor your suspicions turn out to be sadly true. There already was a giant crowd of darkners lined up at the doors. You swear that every darkner you had ever seen at this castle was in that line. Clover was talking amongst herselves at the front of the line. You couldn't hear what hers was saying. But you could see that two of the faces looked rather agitated at each other and hers last head looked disheartened. They must be fighting amongst themselves, again. There was the group of Hathys in the middle, that you recall always playing poker during breakfast and dinner. You hope you never have to speak to them... They seem a little creepy...Then in the back of the line, was your destructive Rudinn partner.