Lifeline

AN: Fanart was created by MistyQueen. Look at me writing two chapters within two months woo! I'd like to mention that I have been getting emails from people asking to have their fanarts removed- I will do such as soon as I have suitable replacements for such. A reminder that you can still send me fanart at Jevilfanart for Gmail.com! I'll be looking through the fanart and replacing the old photos with them. Thank you and enjoy the chapter. 

Sandwiches scattered along the black floor of the castle. The fallen comrades of the sandwich tower. The casualties of the war going on between you and a literal child. You didn't mind stepping on some along the way to keep up your chase.

You still can't believe that he managed to escape you. It was even crazier to you that he somehow managed to fit himself and a giant pillar of sandwiches in a doggy door. Like- that's not physically possible but somehow, he still had enough sandwiches on his tricycle to make it rain sandwiches in the hallways.

You were grateful that you could still follow them of course but still- it nagged at your mind. A door being pushed open rang in the hallway. Either that was Lancer... or another darkener finally managed to wake up and see the utter mess that this floor of the castle is. Judging by the fact that a swinging door just entered your field of vision that perfectly lined up with the carcass of the damned sandwiches, that must have been Lancer.

That... is the theater door, isn't it? The same doors that lead to that... dreadful show you had to watch days before. Oh god... if he decided to ditch the bike then he would be able to hide underneath the countless seats... There were so many places to hide just from that fact alone. You can already see yourself ripping the seats from their spots and throwing them across the room in desperation to catch the little tyrant.

You bite your lip as your fast stampeding finally reaches the double doors, the golden handles sparkling at you like it was trying to entice you to come inside. Too bad for the doors that they didn't really need to try to get you to open them up. In a single motion, you place the palms of your hands on both doors flinging them open. The crackle of concrete was all too familiar to you as the doors nestled themselves right into the black walls surrounding them.

It was a mess...

The sandwiches hung from the walls with their entrails trickling down to the floor into a horrifying pile of cheese, meat, and vegetables. Some laid on the floor merely a corpse with their body squished by the wheels by the tyrant that took them as his prisoners. Others were ripped in half their guts leaking their sauce onto the floor. A massacre. None were spared from a horrifying fate. These sandwiches had mouths that they were going to fill... they had darkeners to feed! Now... all that laid waste was scrapes of tortured food that never got there chance to be eaten.

It was like Lancer just started chucking the sandwiches everywhere around just to create the biggest mess possible with what he had. You... really didn't envy the position the janitors were in.

You weren't the greatest fan of the black aesthetics of the castle... but this wasn't much of an upgrade.

You narrowed your eyes staring down at the wheel marks laid in the bread. Following the trail with your eyes... it led right onto the curtained stage. The black of the satin curtains remained untouched and unchanged by the world around it like a beacon of hope around the mass graves of sandwich kind.