Guiltless Crime

(Author's Note: I'm back bois! So this art was actually just something quick I whipped up. It's supposed to show what the Ace of Spades looks like just so it's easier for you all to picture him. That being said, please enjoy the chapter. Also, WELCOME HOME SECOND VINE COMP: 

 Go watch it you silly's! )

The tiny holes cut in the dark sky shined brightly, singing praise and joy with its piercing light. The purple nebulas splattered across the horizon, melting and bleeding into the black of night.

That gorgeous night sky was one that the fake one of the dark world couldn't compete with no matter how hard it tried. Then again, nothing down here could compare to being up there with your lightner watching the night sky.

The bundle of joy that sat next to you squirmed as their arm catapulted upward-pointing at a section of the sparkling stars. "Look (Y/N)- It's the twins!" You could hear the spark in their eyes just from the excitement in Frisk's voice.

All of the time you spent reading and showing them the constellations in those old books all paid off. Hearing your lightner filled with such unrestrained passion and having them finally see those shining lights- It was nearly enough to make a tear peek out of your eye.

"Ah, I can see the two of them now..." You said to them stroking the top of there head. The child giggled, nuzzling into your side. "-And look-! I can see the lion right there-!" The stars peeked out at you, not really connecting to make anything that looked like a lion, but you knew that in the fake connections Frisk could see the majestic beast.

"The twins ought to be careful with a lion prowling around-" It was almost ironic to think of that line now... Two that were bound together and another a creature seeking for a fresh kill.

What a coincidence.

The fire that caressed the two of you roared, making you turn your head towards it. And there... there was the lion, ▆▆▆▆▆. Chunks of wood disappeared into the fire as they threw them inside, placing the excess in a pile nearby.

"Ah, back already?" You said, amazed by how quickly *Redacted managed to gather all of that wood together. Just thinking about giving them praise made you want to go back and time and slap yourself in the face.

Their eyes focus on yours along with that grin of theirs. "Hey, I come back exactly when I'm needed." That friendly, happy attitude was one you couldn't stand. You knew what that bastard was and what they were capable of. Hiding there twisted thoughts behind a smile.

"Come on! I want to show you the stars!" Frisks called, as they sat up, there knees digging into the grass below. Your lightner waved both of there arms in the air, trying to catch ▆▆▆▆▆'s attention.

A soft chuckle came from ▆▆▆▆▆ as they threw another piece of the wood into the fire. "All right All right! I'm coming-" They mossed down to the two of you, laying down on the cool grass below.

Your stomach churns as their eyes piece into yours. You didn't know what those eyes meant then, but now you could see the tenderness those eyes held. That affection that built up over the year you had traveled together...

You shake your head, trying to bring yourself back to reality. You don't need to think about that anymore. It only brings a dagger of shame and regrets jabbing into your stomach. Leaving the few ounces of self-respect and happiness you have trickling out blood.