Hero

Your fingertips felt only air as you tugged on the bottom half of your replacement glove. That king seriously didn't have any extras in your original size? You had to steal a piece of string from the duke and then wrap it around the base of the glove to prevent it from potentially tumbling down and showing the realm your scandalous bare hands.

At least this piece of your replacement uniform was manageable. The suit of armor left for your stead was made for someone several times your size. While the outfit may have been fine for concealing their identity and protecting them. You would look like a child trying to wear their parent's clothes. Some replacement that was... It's a better idea to keep wearing the damaged armor you have on.

The plain black hallways of the castle were never welcoming but now it felt like you were a mouse trapped inside a maze. Trapped inside without freedom or agency while someone might be observing your every move with great interest.

Its... it's only a matter of time before that someone might reintroduce himself to the lab rat's cage. You never liked being around other creatures too much but the deep-set feeling of being studied wasn't there as much when you were around Lancer and Rouxls Kaard. That could never be enough to stop the problem. They weren't going to save you from who was on the other side of the magnifying glass.

You were supposed to be working. You were supposed to go right back to the prince for your duty. A door adorned by four suits. Your fist shook inches away from the door.

God, you don't know what's happening to you. The vivid images of a lightner that you saw last as a corpse now living and tormenting you. That visage then tells you a prophecy proven later to be true.

You press your knuckles against the door. That small amount of pressure made the door crack open. A sliver showed the room inside. One of your eyebrows raises on your features. Seam wasn't careless enough to leave without locking the door. A breeze of chilling bumps stacks up your spine.

You speed your hand over to the doorknob pushing the door open.

Pieces of Seam's teapot are scattered on the floor. Shards of broken plates and teacups are embedded inside the chair and sofa. Your soul sank into your chest. Your reason for coming here fleed out of your mind.

Oh god... Was Seam okay?

You rushed inside. Your eyes darted all around the space. The wall of knickknacks that Seam collected rested dirty and damaged on the ground; The shelves they called their home were busted open. There were no bits of fur or cotton stuffing... A sigh rips through you expelling the adrenalin rush that attacked you.

It's not an emergency. He's not hurt. He's not dying.

You chant in your head, closing your eyes, as you slowly suck in air before expelling it. The pacing of your soul slowed. Your eyelids unfolded. Now... what the hell happened here? The discordant destruction of the area only came to mind one darkner who would do such. Your gaze softens feeling a bead of sweat travel down your cheek. In the corner of the space, a broken picture frame shows an image of both Jevil and Seam, now with its glass thrown around it in pieces. You turned your head away.