War Memories

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter has extremely dark themes including, War, Infanticide, Rotting Flesh, and Genocide. Viewer's discretion is advised.

You didn't think that this place would be as big as it was. A royal kitchen area, just for the top of the top at this castle. Hell, even the Jokers still technically were only allowed to eat at the cafeteria even though you have never seen them there... Well...

Besides that one time...

The luxury of the room was nearly unbearable to stand inside. Gold encrusted plates and cups decorated around like fine china. Silverware shinned and shimmering with a pure silver finish. It was so unlike the grimy and chipped dinnerware of the plebians below. It... was a bit strange that it didn't have more things but- this was a room just for prepping the royal's meals. The scampering of little footsteps rushing around the tiles underneath you was the only reason a peasant like you was allowed inside of such a place.

The pot on the stove bubbled aggressively, like one of those witch's brews. The golden utensil tapped against the pot. "Ahhh! That smellest of perfection!" If... by perfection he meant that it looked like swamp water he would be correct. The duke's smile was unfailing as he opened up a bag of bug-shaped noodles letting it all fall into the mess below.

A loud gurgle came from the rambunctious little prince's stomach. The little man's cheeks puffed out. "Lesser dad! I'm hungry!" He whined sticking his hands to the side and stomping onto the floor. It.. was nice seeing him act like this considering what he just had to go through with his clown dad.

"Thine's feast is nearlest complete!" Rouxls Kaard bellowed out. "Maybe thine wouldn't be so famished if thou didn't spend this morning being a goose we'est had to chase!" The strain behind that smile was almost enough to make you snort.

A tongue extends from Lancer's mouth sticking it out at the duke. In that split second a scowl came onto Rouxls Kaards face which Lancer chuckled at before turning around and running away to where the preparation table lay. That couldn't help but get a laugh out of you. He is a cute little turd...

"-And what is thoust doing anyway?!" The duke pointed his finger out at you. "I'vest been doing work to make the water bettlest grub and thine stands there and lo... does nothing!" Your eyes drag towards the unimpressive idea of "food". A large bubble extended out from the "food" and traveled into the air above before popping. "...I don't think Mac and Cheese is supposed to do that."

"That's because thou knows nothing of taste or fine dining!" He snaps back, obviously a little offended by your comment. You raise your hands up in front of you. "Look, im just saying that I don't think it's supposed to grey or have noodles that look like bugs okay?" The small alarm on the stove beeped and the darkner turned off the stove stirring his concoction. "Those make it tastest like the dirt you should lay in!"

"Dirt!" Shrikes the prince pulling his hands up into the air and spinning into a happy little circle. "Tasty dirt!" He... somehow managed to get a golden bowl from somewhere and had it as a hat on his head. You raised an eyebrow, looking at the child before looking back at the blue bachelor. You would be disappointed if you had any high hopes for the duke but really what were you expecting from someone who was coddled by his looks.