Chapter Thirty-three

Corey heard whispers in her room. It didn't bother her at first but she thought that Anika and Gretchen are getting too loud now. She turned to see if Anika's in the bed but she wasn't. She sat upright and found two figures sitting on the floor near the door, whispering and laughing.

"Ooh... your friend is up," the stranger informed.

Anika turned and looked at Corey. Her smile big and excited. "I've made a friend. Her name is Audrey,"

Audrey waved at Corey who in return switched the light on. The sudden light stung Audrey's eyes and so she covered them. She dropped her hand and it made Corey turn cold for a second. Sitting on the floor sat a pale young adult with bright red eyes.

"Oh,"Anika chimed in, "those are lenses she says. And she's just a bit sick, thus the pale skin,"

Corey didn't really buy it. But what could she say? So she nodded her head.

"So... do you live here or?" Corey wanted to know.

"No. Not at the motel but I am from town,"

"Why was it so quiet today?" Anika asked.

"The town gets like that everyday,"

"Isn't it weird?" Questioned Corey.

Audrey didn't say anything. But her facial expression did change. She let out a sigh and rose to her feet. "Guys, lemme be honest okay. I've never met people like you and I was excited too,"

Anika and Corey looked at each other and back at Audrey.

"What do you mean?" Corey asked.

She shook her head and just stood there. It was like she didn't know how to say it. She started pacing up and down but even she knew she was running out of time. If she wanted to help them by telling them, she had to do it now.

"Guys. I'm not human. Never was, most of us in town never were,"

Anika rose to her feet as well and looked Audrey in her blood red eyes. "What do you mean, Audrey?"

Her tone held anger. Or maybe it was frustration. She hates lies. So either Audrey lied before or she's lying now. And frankly she was starting to get scared so she really wanted Audrey to spit it out already.

"I... I'm a va... look. There is no time for you two to not believe me. Your lives are in danger, this is a dangerous town for people like you. You and your friends should go,"

"We're not leaving until we know what's going on," Corey shared.

Audrey was about to say another thing when they heard a knock on the door. Silence. No one stired, no one spoke. They looked at each other for a short while before Anika opened the door. Before her stood a man in his mid-thirties. Blood shot eyes. Pale skin, just like Audrey.

"Hi there," the man gret them and started laughing. His laughter filled the air, replacing the thick tension and filling it with fear. They were terrified. Even Audrey was.

Anika took a step backwards which made the man laugh even louder. He's acting strange and that adds on to the sudden fear in the room.

"Wh... who are you?" Anika asked bravely.

"Oh just a regular townie, I love that you guys stopped by. Love humans, then again who doesn't?"

Corey climbed out of bed and rushed over to Anika, she placed her hands on Anika's shoulders. "We need to get the others,"

"Wait..." Audrey interrupted. "He can't come into the room uninvited, so for as long as you stay inside he can't harm you,"

Corey got frustrated, "what's happening here, Audrey?"

The started laughing again. His red eyes glowing through the darkness. His fangs elongated. "Cut the small talk, I've been yearning for fresh blood for years,"

Anika couldn't help but let out a powerful scream which made Audrey feel uncomfortable. "Not so loud," Audrey shared, "do you know how many vampires you just alerted?"

Corey scoffed and shook her head, "vampires? Is this a prank?"

The man hissed, " I'm afraid not,"

"Stay in the room. I'll go check on your friends,"

****

"What was that?" Gretchen asked alarmed. Anika's scream woke her right up.

Ishaan rubbed his tired eyes and sat up in the bed. He shrugged then stretched, "I don't know. I'll go check,"

He switched the light on and reached for his shoes and put on his t-shirt. "Stay put okay? Maybe it's Corey or Anika, I'll be back soon,"

Gretchen nodded her head.

Ishaan walked out. The town still looked quiet even though the shops and restaurant's lights are on, it's just the humans that couldn't be seen. He saw the man standing in front of their door and was about to shout at him but his mouth was covered and he was pulled into darkness. In the speed of light they weren't at the motel again and they could be found in the dark woods.

"Holy shit,"

"Sshh..." Audrey instructed. "You mustn't make a noise,"

"What did you do to the girls?"

She giggled. She found it cute that this human got in defensive mode, he has no idea what he's dealing with. "I did nothing. But this town is dangerous. It's a vampire town, that's why during the day it's empty that's how I travelled so fast with you just now,"

He knows that's exactly what happened but it seemed like he needed a second to run it through his head. "Are... are the girls in trouble?"

She shook her head, "told them to stay in the room, and you should stay in your room as well. Vampires cannot enter a room uninvited. The only vampires that can do that would be the motel owners, I have to talk to them about keeping you guys safe for the night but tomorrow morning you have to leave,"

He nodded his head.

Audrey took him back to his room where she told him the same. Gretchen wanted to know what happened and so he told her. When he finished he texted Eugen as well so that he could be informed.