Chapter Eleven *

"I've been invited to a ball, are you coming as my date?" Asked Bathory as she applied her make up. Years passed and as the years passed they've adapted to a more normal lifestyle, rubbing shoulders with their rich neighbour's and going to local events.

"What? Are you insane? Do you want me to get killed Bathory?" Turnilupo asked as she placed down the book she was reading to look at the Countess.

"Of course not Turnilupo, it's just that you've been hiding behind these walls for so long, and I want you to go out a little."

"To a fancy ball, as your date? Are you insane? Are you even listening to yourself? This world we live in, hates homosexuals Bathory. If they were to learn that we love each other, imagine what could happen." She huffed and picked the book up again, "besides, witches are being burned all over the place... I'm scared,"

"You're immortal and indestructible Turnilupo, you need to stop thinking about death."

"I'm not going out there, and that's final!" she said, and continued reading her book.

Countess Bathory looked at Turnilupo, and couldn't believe that someone so brave could be afraid of a little judgement. But of course it wasn't that, Turnilupo has given up on her life, she hates to admit it but she misses her home, her friends and most importantly, she misses her soulmate Geoff.

She wondered how it went with him, if he was still alive, she wondered if he thought about her and missed her as much as she misses him.

"Fine! I'll be going then." Bathory said and left. Old Man took her to the ball, and she decided to go alone.

~•°•~

Stepping inside of the beautiful ballroom, Countess Bathory started feeling nervous. It's been years since she's since she's been truly on her own, even after she died Old Man was there and later on Turnilupo who never left her side.

The woman's ballroom gowns were so expensive, only the best materials. Their jewelry were the very best, those diamonds, rubies and pearls on their ears and neck decorated the woman so lovely. But their best accessory so far were their men, she didn't have a date, and felt so alone.

The food were top class, prepared by the very best Italian chefs.

"Care for a dance, Milady?" Bathory heard one handsome voice ask behind her. When she turned to face the voice, she turned into a very handsome man.
This man had beautiful green eyes, and was very tall. His beautiful long brown hair hung well over his elbows, and he had beautiful full lips and a very strong English nose.
She's seen handsome men before, but none like this.

"Why I would be delighted." she replied and gave him her hand, he took it and kissed it. He then led her unto the dancefloor where they danced until the soles of their feet hurt.

Bathory and Gerard had lots of fun when they finally sat down to rest their feet, they talked about everything and laughed very loudly. Gerard was the first human she didn't want to drain, and she felt comfortable around him.
He even offered to go and visit her sometime, she sure did make a friend that night.

*****

Turnilupo spent that evening waiting for her to return, and to get fed up with her talking about Gerard the entire night.

"Oh my god, I missed you so much," she said the second Bathory entered the house.

She hugged the Countess tightly, and knew something was up, the countess didn't return her hug. She was in a trance, a love trance.
Turnilupo withdrew from the hug and looked at the Countess.