Chapter Forty-two

The witch wasn't bad. She was delightful actually, she says she attends these auctions because they always have the best illegal things.

But she hates humans or beings being sold off as slaves, she didn't have enough money to buy both Nandi and Valerie though. But she promised she'll go back and kidnap Nandi.

But for now, she took her to her home. A white Victorian mansion in London. No one else was there but she says she doesn't stay alone. Turnilupo called her into the study, her black hair was wet. She wore a white bathrobe. She kicked her feet up and watched Valerie entering the study.

"So... I think we should go after Nandi first,"

"Why?" Valerie was confused.

"Because she's human. We're not sure how long she'll stay alive in the home of a vampire, darling,"

Valerie shook her head, "no. Why are you helping me?"

Turnilupo looked at Valerie, "I'm a witch, although we're being hunted down and killed right now. That doesn't change the fact that we help people, we were given the power. Why not use it to help the weak?"

Valerie sat down before Turnilupo and looked at the soft face of the helpful witch. "I did something. I lost Helena's potion,"

Her eyes expanded. "That's bad. I wonder who Esmeralda sold it to," she sat there thinking about how dangerous it will be if that potion lands in the hands of a villain. "Umm... Change of plans, let's get that potion first. Then we get Nandi, that potion in the wrong hands could mean the end of us,"

Turnilupo rose to her feet and took out her wand that she keeps behind the bookcase, it hangs against the wall. She waved it around and uttered a spell. The whole room went dark, and soon they were in some strange office.

"Where are we?" Valerie asked.

"How'm I suppose to know darling?"

There was a golden fist on the desk. Valerie walked up to it, she wondered why it gleamed red? She reached out her hand and touched it, she was surprised that it was solid. Seeing as this is just a mirage. The fist wriggled, but remained rigid, she tried again and she pressed it backwards. It exposed a hidden door, fake bookshelf.

Turnilupo turned around, she was searching in a drawer near the door when she heard the sound. "How'd you do that?"

Valerie pointed at the fist. Turnilupo ran up to Valerie and kissed her on the forehead, "you're a genius. Now let's see if the potion is in there?"

Turnilupo lead the way, and just as she walked in she could see the potion. It was in the middle of the room, on a pillar with a glass box on it. The potion rested on a soft red velvet pillow.

"Okay, it's here," Valerie stated, "now what?"

"Now we go and get it," Turnilupo waved the wand around in the air and they were back in their own office. "But we'll get killed. The vampires outnumber us, what do we do?'

Valerie didn't have a clue. She bit her nail and shrugged. Turnilupo is already doing so much for her, she just wished that she could save Nandi. Before it's too late, but Lupo is correct, that mixture has to be returned before chaos breaks out.

The sun was about to rise anyway, so Valerie excused herself. Whether they're outnumbered or not, they have to at least try to get the potion back. It's not like The Count would allow them back to the castle without it anyhow.

Turnilupo went to bed as well. She longed for Countess Bathory now more than she did out there without her. Being in her home, with nothing but memories and an empty bed. She hoped that this whole vampire Queen ordeal could come to an end, so that she could see her Queen again. So that she could hold her Queen again, but for now. She has to keep a close eye on Valerie, study her weakness so that Bathory wins the final fight.