Chapter Twenty-eight

Months passed by and Valerie and crew were so excited because they're nearing Egypt. They've decided to go for the Pharoh first.

Valerie was sitting at a table with her brother Liam. They listened to a vampire singing, entertaining the others and watched as the others danced the night away. She giggled as she watched Simon dancing with Henry, she couldn't help but think they look cute together.

"Liam, I never asked. Why should we kill Pharoh?"

Liam took a swig of his blood mixed with whisky and looked at her, "because, he can't be killed. He has a necklace that he wears, it is a golden eagle with illuminating green eyes. It gives him strength, power and life. It makes him immortal but now he has to die since he knows the secret ingredient of the potion and wants to use it to make a creature that can kill off all supernatural beings. He wants to create an army of them, that's why the potion needs to get to its creator Helena. She'll know what to do,"

Fear ran through every fibre in her bones. A potion that could wipe out her existence and if the Count is terrified it means this potion can kill him off too, she is trying not to think much about it but how can she clear her head after hearing that?

"Umm... Why can't she get rid of it entirely? Why hold onto it?"

"Because there is no getting rid of it. Throw it out it becomes solid, or hard to dissolve. Trust me, we've tried everything. Also, she created it for good, she created it should be enough actually. It means a lot to her, it's like a child to her,"

Valerie nodded her head. Her eyes wide, filled with shock. She looked at her brother, "what if it ends up in the wrong hands?"

He smirked and pulled her in for a side hug since they sat right next to him tightly. It didn't take away her anxiety, and he doesn't know how to take away her anxiety either because everyone that has heard of this potion has the same fear. Even their father. He too doesn't even want to think about it so he tries not too.

They pulled away from the hug and she gave him a small wrecked smile. She feels as if though she didn't have to know that, the mission would be easier if she just didn't know and just did what she was supposed to do.

She got up and walked around a bit, but she didn't feel like talking much so she walked outside and watched the sunset. She's a cranter and so the sun doesn't kill her, it only stings and the pain gets worse depending on how long she's in it. In this case, the sun was setting, so it wasn't too long, but she wanted to sting a bit. Because at least it would make her feel something other than worry and fear.

It stung, it slightly burned. Her skin started peeling off and as it does it turns to ashes. But since she just had a drink, her skin restored itself much quicker than it would do when she didn't have a drink.

Simon joined her and stood beside her, watching the sunset in silence. Taking in the wonderful scent of the ocean. Watching fishes pop up, diving around them. Travelling by ship was amazing, you're surrounded by nature. And the waves are calming, she loves listening to them hit against the ship during the day as she tries to fall asleep.

"The sound of the dolphins communicating is like music to my ears," said Simon.

She gave him a small smile, a better one. Not one with worry. "Yeah, I love it. I wonder what they're saying right now,"

"What a wonderful evening. I wish I could be on that ship right now. Look at those two beautiful people looking at us. Aren't they just cute?" He tried mimicking them by slightly changing the tone of his voice bring Valerie to laughter.

He joined in on her laughter.

"WE'RE BEING ATTACKED!"

A vampire called out a second too late. A swarm of fishes with black tails outnumbered the vampires on the boat. They just jumped on the boat out from nowhere surprising everyone. They fought with the vampires who were trying to defend themselves. Valerie and Simon just watched in confusion.

"So..." A mermaid said. By now their black tails turned into beautiful legs. All the merpeople were buttnaked. Men and women alike, "who is Valerie?"

All the vampires were held down in chokeholds, they pointed to Valerie.

"You leave her alone," Liam warned. He was the only vampire not held down. After all, he is an alpha and this was still nothing to him.

The mermaid giggled and walked up to Valerie, "So," she said. The first thing Valerie noticed on the naked women was not the size of her beautiful breast but rather her voluptuous lips. It was dressed in deep purple. She had beautiful green eyes that suit her dark brown skin perfectly. "My master says that you're on your way to Helena with the potion,"

"Who is your master?"

She giggled and touched Valerie's nose like it was a tiny button, "no-no. Just tell Helena that Esmeralda's master says thank you,"

What she said confused Valerie. She spoke as if she already had the potion and before Valerie knew it, the mermaid retracted her wings. Eagle wings and rose to the sky and so did all the other mermaids as well. She showed the potion to Valerie and cackled as she flew away.

Vampires rose to the sky to fight against them some more. But unfortunately, the fishes has powers. They used their power to fight until they stopped fighting and hummed a beautiful song in harmony. The bloodsuckers freaked out. Liam grabbed Simon and flew away with him. The female bloodsuckers were mesmerized by their beauty and by their beautiful song. But the men started heating up right until they burst.

Their blood rain down on the girls and the fishes flew away unharmed.