Chapter Two

She flew over a beautiful mansion. Plain white, with a navy blue roof. The grass was neatly cut and there was a red brick pathway leading to her front door. Next to it were flowers, a little something for the eye. There was a huge lake and nearby woods with green trees. It was a lovely sight.
She landed and was welcomed by an old butler who had a hunchback.

To her, this was the beginning of a different, unique life with new experiences and she wondered what was in store for her. She's normally always had her life planned out because she's just so detailed like that, but it's different now. Now she still has to discover what she is and how exactly she is it. Then from there on she can plan out her life. She could decide whether or not she could travel. Or if she would be discreet with her new powers. Does she want friends? That's probably a must since in her previous life she was surrounded by people. So being lonely would be strange, but maybe it would be a positive twist.

She landed swiftly on her feet and her wings disappeared. She looked up to the sky, the sun was just beginning to wake up. She stopped in front of the butler who waited on her to welcome her in. He was already told about her being a vampire by the thing and even if he wasn't, Countess wasn't planning on hiding such a huge secret from someone she had to live with. So why not just expose herself like this?

"Hello Countess Bathory, and welcome to your new home," he said, trying his best to give her a welcoming bow.

She gave the short grey-haired man a small smile and let herself into her new home. She entered the mansion, and although it was huge it was very small to her, all she was used to was her castle.

She looked around and it had a very feminine touch, the walls creme with a light pink roses wallpaper.
The lounge was huge and the sofas were plain white, pink curtains and pink seat cushions. The rug on the floor was a darker shade of pink. The butler showed her around her new home. It looked fancy, but all she wanted now was to see was her new room.

It was extremely large, the first door opened to a lounge. There was a cremé couch with golden legs, and a singular couch facing the large fire place. In front of the seats was a small round glass table with golden legs. On it rested a large flower pot with fresh flowers. The walls had gold horizontal strips on the white background. Then there was another door, the dark double wood door led to her bedroom. The first thing her eyes landed on was her large white coffin, she walked up to it and traced her fingers on its smooth surface. The upper lid was open so she got a glimpse of the inside. She was now the owner of a silk white fluffy bed. A casket? I truly am no more.

"This is your room Ma'am." shared, Old Man the Butler.

She turned around and looked directly into her mirror and couldn't help but notice that she had no reflection, all she could see was her giant floating dress, but no Bathory.

She couldn't believe her eyes, she loved to adorn herself in the mirror and now she was never going to be able to do that. The thought of that saddened her so much that it angered her. Her cold hard eyes looked at the butler, what does he know? She flared her nostrils, Old Man the Butler took a step back when he saw her face slightly turning red. She let out a scream that travelled throughout the mansion, every worker could hear it.

Her voice was so loud and thunderous, it shook the ground beneath her. A young servant came running into the room to see what was going on.

"Countess Bathory?" She asked, and before she could blink the Countess stood before her, violently tilted her head to the side and forced her fangs into the girl's artery.

The blood came gushing out of her veins and abundantly into Bathory's mouth. She sucked the thick sweet blood, it tasted a thousand times better than the horse's. It sent vibrations throughout her body, she wanted more and the more she wanted, the deeper plunged her fangs into the maid's neck. Causing the young woman pain, but she didn't care, she was never one to care. The girl squirmed in her arms until she stired no more. The Countess killed the young girl and threw her body out of the window, just standing there in the same spot. Her strength was incredible, the servant girl flew out as if Bathory had thrown a little stone out of the window. She ordered the butler to get rid of the body. He nodded his head, this is why he was assigned to her. To cover up her crimes.

She settled in, took a long bath and just sat around. She thought about the incident with the young maiden. She acted out of character but she realises now that it's a whole process and she needs to check her emotions and learn to tame herself. But she knows she's still just a beginning  and that things will get better, or at least she hopes.

She was bored, this was all new to her. She needed company, entertainment. She felt that she needed a friend, someone to be there to guide her through this all. Someone supportive, but most importantly she needed someone to talk to.

She was all alone, and being a vampire made her think that she was going crazy. She heard voices all the time, she heard the workers talking day in and out. It even sounded at times like she could hear their thoughts. She could hear anything and everything, from the little sounds of feet walking around in the mansion, to her little weak heartbeat. And each time she heard her weak little heart beating, it was terrifying. Because each little weak beat reminded her that she's not a human anymore, that her life is different now. That she had to adjust to this new monstrous life of blood draining. Day in and day out, it would be the same thing over and over. Draining and draining, which reminds her; she needs to learn how to hunt. Because all she does is feed on her workers and kill them off one by one. They fear her, but what can they do?

There were moments when she felt as if she was wasting her newfound life, she has been given the very rare chance of a second life but has no idea what to do with it and then there are other times when she genuinely misses her old life, everything about it and she misses her kids more than anything. She also missed the helpless screams of all her victims but life as a vampire scares her, although she was supposed to feel empowered. She had to admit that death does something to one she is left feeling like anything but herself and sometimes that's even terrifying because if she's not herself then who is she?