Chapter Twenty-two

Sir Captain and I were enjoying a glass of blood under the light of the crescent moon. The air was fresh and the moon radiated beautifully on the black water they floated on.

"Nicolene, " he broke the silence. This is the second evening of him being a vampire and he has already had to kill someone. It was tough but he quickly got over that or he hasn't and is just bottling things up. "How is the Count?"

I didn't answer right away. I hated thinking about the Count, I hated thinking about that time I was his daily drink. I shuttered as the image of his big red eyes came into my mind's eye, "just like the stories we've been told. No, he's worse. Terrifying. I wished everyday that I could just die already, "

He chuckled, "you are dead, "

I looked at Sir Captain and bellowed. "I guess I am, "

"Aviana told me that you turned another woman into a vampire early this morning, "

I felt his stare on my face. We hadn't told him why we're here or why we must turn the people into vampires. I wasn't really sure if I could let him know, "yeah... I must, it's for the best, "

"Why do you say so?"

I took a sip of my blood and faced him, "I promise that I will tell you real soon, "

He seemed to understand for now that or he was too afraid to ask questions. He nodded his head and I gave him a small smile, "I must be going. I'll see you around Sir Captain, "

I walked on and entered the dining hall where a lovely jazz band was playing. Some people were having dinner while the others played, mama was busy enjoying a red velvet cake and I rushed over to her because I've missed mama, we haven't really spoken since we've been reunited and now seems like a great time.

I sat down before her and she smiled with her mouth stuffed, "hey angel, you want some cake?"

I chuckled. It's as if mama forgot for a split second, "I don't eat anymore mama, "

Her eyes grew, "I'm so sorry, I completely forgot, "

"It really is fine, mama, " I assured wearing my biggest smile. Mama's eyes couldn't leave my fangs.

"Are those even comfortable?"

I nodded my head and looked at my hands, "at first it felt like something's in my mouth but I got used to it, "

She nodded her head and dug her dessert fork into the cake and took another bite, "and... Where you scared?"

I nodded my head.

"Nicolene... I shouldn't have sent you out to work on your own, "

"No, no mama, I should have listened to you and returned home like you asked off me, "

Both mama and I looked up at the sound a throat clearing and standing before us was an abnormally pale Aviana. She wore a beautiful black dress that hugged her gorgeous figure. Her hair is pulled the back in a lavish bun.

She grinned and hers always makes me immediately smile as well it is breathtaking. Her smile that is, but she was as well.

"Nicolene, may I have the next dance?" She reached her hand out towards me.

I looked over at mama who nodded her head and I took Aviana's hand and followed to the dance floor.

Various couples surrounded us, we waited a few seconds for the song to end and the next one to begin. I placed my hands on her shoulders and she placed hers on my waist and we swayed with the rhythm.

"Caroline, the woman you turned today, " Aviana started and giggled, "she was so scared, "

I let out a low giggle and looked into Aviana's red eyes. Many people commented on them but she told them she has some rare disease, "aren't we all? I still can't get the image of The Count out of my head, "

Aviana nodded her head, "me neither I mean... I turned on the guy, for his death. If he finds me he'll strangle me to death or worse... Impale me, "

I couldn't help but giggle and Aviana joined in. "No but for real... What were we thinking?"

I asked her and leaned my head against her chest.