Chapter Forty-three

TW- brief mention of rape. Not getting into detail though.

Valerie rushed to open the door, Turnilupo stood behind her. Who on earth could this be? No one knows about this place.

Behind the door stood Liam. Valerie chortled when she saw him, she didn't think that she would ever be happy to see a vampire. After all, they loathe cranters such as herself. "Come in,"

He stepped foot in Countess Bathory's home and studied it. Felt like a home, unlike the cold castle he's used to.

"Liam, that's Turnilupo. She's not bad like I thought she was, she bought me to help me,"

Liam grinned and walked up to Turnilupo, "thank you,"

They shook hands, "so you're a witch?" He asked.

"Sure am, and I'll take a wild guess and say you're a... Hmmm?" She looked at his red eyes, "my, what sharp teeth you have?"

He chuckled.

"Do you want blood? I think we have some,"

"We do?" Valerie replied.

"Why would a witch need blood?"

"This house belongs to a vampire. But we witches do use blood for certain things,"

"Liam," Valerie let out, "we found the potion. Turnilupo suggested we go after it,"

He looked at the two women before him, wondering if they're out of their minds. "Just the two of you?"

"What? Do you think we can't do it? Is it because we're women?" Turnilupo scold, she sounded outraged.

Liam's eyes bulged, "no-no, that's not what I meant,"

"Oh," she slouched, "because we can't do it. I think it's because we're women,"

Liam shook his head. "I don't think that's the reason. I think you're low in numbers, and we have no army,"

"Yeah," agreed Valerie. "Too bad we can't poof up an army,"

Liam raised his eyebrows, "wait, we can. I know a spell. Turnilupo, I'll teach you,"

They all ran outside, Turnilupo brought her wand and waited on Liam's instructions. She studied him as he corrected her posture for the spell, "by the way, darling, how do you know this spell?"

"Father entertains many guests, many of which are witches, they attempt to teach us but we don't have the power,"

She nodded her head.

"Okay. Now, left foot behind the right foot. The right foot should be at a 45-degree angle. Wand in powerful hand?"

She nodded her head. He told her what to say and showed her how to swing the wand. She followed his teachings and aimed the wand forward instead of down on the ground when she finished. She watched as the power flew out of the wand and evaporated.

"Um, that's okay. Let's try again, this time aim at the ground, you must have a target,"

She nodded her head and tried again. She aimed at the ground but nothing happened.

"She swung the wand twice instead of four times," Valerie noticed.

"Again!" Liam instructed.

She groaned and slouched.

"Posture, Turnilupo!"

She groaned but stood upright anyway. She tried the spell again and this time it went by flawlessly. The ground trembled and split up. From under the ground appeared more Turnilupo's. They all looked similar, all had a wand in the hand. Valerie couldn't believe her eyes. Neither could Turnilupo.