Chapter One

Countess Bathory can remember her life exceptionally well; except for the twentieth of August 1614 -the day before she died-. That day is a bit of a blur, and she tries to paste some of her broken memories together.

She sat in the dungeon, her hands shackled above her head. Her red velvet dress drenched in tears and blood, how did it come to this? She once was a powerful being, now she's trapped with no light to illuminate the dark room.

She recalls something strange when she thinks back about her second last day, but she's not sure
She believes she was visited by a god.

But how can that be? Those don't exist. All she knows is that she was bored out of her mind when it appeared.

"Elizabeth Bathory," it said. It appeared in a thin red smoke out of the blue, its voice wasn't humane it sounded mighty, yet not.

She jumped a little and looked up at it, trying to get a glimpse of its face. It was hidden well, but she could see the broad smile because its teeth shone, exquisitely white. She leaned closer to this thing, not afraid one bit, but she was curious. "How do you know me?" She wanted to know.

"Because I've been watching you your entire life. I believe people like you deserve the world,"

Its words lingered in the quiet cold room. Their eyes fixated on each other, both intrigued, both curious. She knows this is abnormal, of course, it appeared out of nowhere, yet she wasn't freaking out. She patiently waited on it to say the next thing. The thing could snap any second and kill her, but she isn't living at the moment anyway. Maybe that's why she wasn't scared, she had nothing to lose. Therefore no fear, and that's exactly the state it wants her in.

It crawled closer towards her and she couldn't help but stare at its marvellous red hand layered with rubies emerging from its skin. What is this thing? She tried not to stare too much and proceeded to look into its gigantic yellow red eyes.

"And why would that be?" She asked but it just looked at her for a while.

"Do you know Vlad the Impaler?"

"Vlad Tepes? Who doesn't?"

"Well, tomorrow you will be like him,"

She found that statement strange, and it came as rather odd to her. One crossed her mind, and one thing only. Death.

"I don't understand, he's dead. Have you come to mock me? I know my fate, Vlad is dead and so am I,"

"Oh is he?"

The Countess raised an eyebrow, where the thing was going with this topic, but she listened.

"Yes, he died on the battlefield,"

"And if he's so-called dead, then where is his body?"

She parted her lips to answer but then it registered to her. No one knows where his body is. "That's the greatest mystery. His body disappeared."

It chuckled and rolled its red eyes. "Bodies don't just disappear. No, it didn't vanish into thin air, it roams this earth,"

She sighed and folded her arms, "Look, mister, but I don't like being made a fool of. So start making sense or leave,"

A small smile crept onto his face, he nodded his head. "Mark my words. He is undead and is doing well for himself. Tomorrow Countess Bathory, you will die and you will be buried. And hundreds of years from now, no one will know where your body has been buried. Because like Vlad, you will roam this earth till the day it ends."

"See? This the humour I have no time for. Are we done?"

"I shall return tomorrow night at midnight and fully prepare you for your new life, but for now, happy death," it said and disappeared into thin air.