Chapter Ten

Old Man the butler sat with Turnilupo, he enjoyed her company because she wasn't exactly normal. She behaved like a toddler, always in need of attention and affection and he provided her with all the attention she could ever need. She also listens to him when he speaks, she sees him as a human being and not just a butler and he appreciates that. They sat in the garden enjoying the wonderful view before them when he started coughing.

Turnilupo was instantly alarmed and rose to her feet, "Old Man? Old Man!"

The coughs only became worse. He fell on his knees and dropped down on the floor and just like that he stopped coughing. Turnilupo cried out loud and ran into the mansion to call on anyone, anyone who would listen.

"WE NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL NOW!"

Her screams were heard in the house throughout. She sounded terrified and that alarmed Countess, Leo and Vampire who came to check on her.

***

Turnilupo and Bathory were standing in the hospital looking over at a sick butler.
He was so weak and had lost his colour. The doctors said that he wasn't going to make it, that it's his time.

"I'm surprised he didn't go any sooner." snorted Bathory as soon as the doctor left them alone.

"Please, don't bring your vampire heartlessness here. This was my main man, we would laugh at everything you do and say." Fought Turnilupo, her voice as her heart. Shattered. It was the first time that the Countess saw her acting like this.

"You what?" She asked, remembering that Turnilupo said something about laughing behind her back.

"Oh lighten up... Point is Countess, he can't go. Not like this anyway, you have to bring him back before it's too late." Turnilupo pleaded, she genuinely likes Old Man the butler, he has somehow done the impossible and crawl deeply inside her heart. She looked at Bathory with the saddest eyes, pouting, hoping Bathory would break and give in.

"I'm not doing that." She said, and her word was harsh, cutting through Turnilupo's dark heart.

"Think about all he's done for you; cook, clean, drove, did your bed. Stuff I can't even do."

"That's his job Turnilupo!" she snapped in return.

"Oh... That's an awful job." She said she didn't realize someone could actually do all that for a living.

"I know... He was there for me when no one was. I suppose I could turn him, make him my butler for all eternity." Countess Bathory had to admit, he was an important part of her life.

"That's the spirit," exclaimed Turnilupo gleefully.

The Countess bent over and drank Old Man's blood. They both watched to see if he'd actually become one.

"I have to kill him, he must die with my venom inside of him." she said.

"It's okay." said Turnilupo and placed her hand on his head. He instantly died, but instantly woke up too. His heart stopped, but he instantly woke up again. He was weak, yes, but at the same time has gained much more power and strength. He just needed blood right now.

"What happened?" Asked a confused butler as he woke up, he looked at the two women before him. His heart was beating stronger, he felt alive and he somewhat knew what happened. He just didn't want to admit it to himself.

"You died." The Countess confirmed his worse nightmare. He has seen them kill innocent women, it has made him sick to his stomach. He sure as hell didn't want to be a part of that, he didn't want to lose his humanity.