Chapter Eighteen

I have no appetite anymore, it all started the day I had my first drink. I cannot eat food anymore, I can't hold it down and all I can do is drink blood. Grant sat across from me as he was dinning, he must have caught my distressed face because he placed his fork down and drank his wine. He cleared his throat and my eyes shot up at him.

"What's on your mind?"

I shook my head I really didn't want to bother him with my problems. Count Dracula wants to kill me with his bare hands and Aviana wants me to take the big mean bully down. But how? The thought of standing up to him is terrifying.

He sighed, "is this about Count Dracula and his army searching for a woman?"

I slowly nodded my head and he took a big sip of his wine.

"Wait... how'd you know?"

He scoffed and scooped up some of his rice, "he's terrifying all villagers, everyone around knows. I personally think we should get out of here before we get killed but how though?"

I watched him as he chewed and took a swig of my blood. "One of his vampires were here today..."

"What!?" He dropped his fork, his eyes and even the vein in his neck bulged. "What happened? How are you still alive? Are the others on their way here?"

I couldn't help but chuckle. I found it rather cute that he was panicking like this, panicking over a life he doesn't even know. "Relax Grant, I'm fine. All is fine, for now,"

He nodded his head and continued eating, "what did the vampire want if it didn't come to kill you?"

"Her name is Aviana, she helped me escape Count Dracula's castle by tipping me off that it's midday. Anyway, The Count was still drinking from me and I burned him with my crucifix and escaped through the window. I passed out and woke up in your cabin. Aviana says that I died with The Count's venom still in my bloodstream thus me becoming a vampire but now he wants me dead,"

"Why?"

I stared into his eyes, terrified for both of us. I breathed out shakily and tucked my brown hair behind my pale ears and looked directly into his eyes again, "apparently I have half of his powers. If he directly turns a vampire they receive half of his powers and he's afraid that I might want to kill him since I could if I really wanted too,"

Silence, wrapped around us like the air itself. It was as if Grant was trying to processes what I just said. Whoever has heard of a vampire nearly as powerful as Dracula himself and isn't apart of the royals? No one. That's why I must die.

"Aviana wants me to kill him,"

"I say do it,"

"Are you nuts? I cannot do such a thing, the man will wring my neck like a chicken. I can't Grant, he's much more powerful than I and he has a large army,"

He rose to his feet and pulled his chair closer to mine and squeezed my hands, "Count Dracula must die Nicolene, that much you know, and if you're the only capable of doing it then I say do it,"

I groaned and squirmed my hand from his grip. I got to my feet as well and stood before the window just looking out into the dark scary night, "are you hearing yourself? It's Count Dracula. No one can defeat him, especially not someone as inexperienced as myself,"

He walked up to me and placed his warm arms around my cold body, just gripping my anxiety. "Then train, create your own army. Do whatever it takes,"

I turned around and looked into Grant's eyes. "You've gone mad,"

"But it could work. I'll put my life on the line and march up to Count Dracula's castle and call on her name. We need to put this plan in motion. But... do you want to do this? I don't want to force or pressure you into doing something you don't want to do,"

I inspected myself. Did I really want to get rid of The Count? Honestly, I want him gone but I don't want to be the one who did it. I'm scared, which is normal I guess, but he ruins lives. Innocent lives like Aviana and mine. If it weren't for him I would have still been alive and mama would have still given me hugs and kisses. Mama wouldn't have been mourning right now. She wouldn't have been in pain and suffering.

"I need lots of help,"

He nodded his head and gave me a kiss on my forehead, "Aviana will help us. I'll go look for her right after I've finished my shift,"

I grabbed his arm and looked at him in horror, "you can't go there. It's dangerous and you will die,"

"I'll be fine..."

"... Fine? Fine around The Count? That's madness,"

He sighed, I guess my words sunk in then. He bit his lower lip and took a seat by the dining table. His eyes filled with worry shifted up and met my gaze, "but... we must try to put him to an end. It can't go on like this Nicolene, we can't fear him forever. We cant be afraid to live or to walk around at night, this world is ours. We ought to be in charge of the night, don't you think?"

Not one thing he said was right. I mean look at me, I'm terrified to go up against the man and that's the point of it all. To take back the night. "You're right, but more importantly it's about destroying pure evil and Count Dracula is pure evil."

He grinned and rose to his feet. I watched as he walked up to me and reached out his hand, "so it's decided then, Count Dracula must die!"

I smirked and shook his hand, "Count Dracula must die."