10

"What would you do if something was really mean to you, but you knew that it wasn't really their fault because they didn't have the best living situation?"

"Honey did that fat hamster bite you again?"

"What? No, mom. A person."

"What kind of living situation does this person have?"

"A pretty shitty one."

"And how mean are we talking?"

"It's Natsu, mom."

"As in your English partner?"

Aina nodded and explained that he always acted like an asshole, but she also explained the family situation to her. Kelia thought for a second.

"He's the boy that carried you to the nurse's office. Right?"

"Unfortunately," she mumbled.

Kelia smirked.

"Well then that's a perfect opportunity. Invite him over for dinner a night and I can scope him out. I'm a great judge of character, you know."

Aina laughed, "You think you can convince him to actually do some work?"

"We'll see."

"Wait, how am I even supposed to do that without him getting all asshole on me for asking him over?"

"Just do what I say."

---------------------------------------------------

Aina looked towards the table of guys and sighed before she stood up.

"A, where are you going?" Lucy asked.

"I have to go do something."

She slowly made her way over to Natsu's table and cleared her throat.

"Oh ho ho," Gajeel started.

"Hey look at that!" Bickslow laughed, "It's the salutatorian!"

"Hey Aina," Sting waved.

"Um, is Natsu here--"

"What are you doing over here, sweetheart?" Natsu spoke from behind her. "Finally here to confess your undying feelings for me?"

Aina squeezed her eyes shut, cursing her mother for putting her in the situation. She steadied her breathing and stared straight into his eyes.

"My mom told me to ask you if you wanted to come over for dinner a night this week."

Natsu's smirk almost broke his face.

"Are you sure it's not you who--"

"She wanted to thank you for helping me to the nurse's office," she cut off.

Natsu furrowed his eyebrows and asked, "But why?"

"Because she just wants to, okay?"

"Whatever you say, sweetheart."

"Hey Aina, if Natsu won't go can I come?" Sting spoke up.

Everyone looked at him funny and he just chuckled nervously.

"What? Her mom's a good cook," he admitted while he rubbed the back of his head.

Natsu looked down to Aina and smirked before agreeing. She rolled her eyes and spun around to go back to her table.

---------------------------------------------------

"Are you able to come over tonight? I just found out my boss gave me the day off and it's my mom's day off too. Otherwise we wouldn't be eating until ten."