Insecurities

Yeong’s first public appearance as Captain of the Royal guard was a success. Without much inference, King and Royal's guards returned to the palace. Although there wasn’t any chaos at the event, the internet becomes chaotic. Because people in Corea only remember young Jo Yeong, who is the best friend of King and a brave kid who joined the Navy at a young age. People didn’t expect Jo Yeong will become Handsome and muscular. He gains a lot of fangirls and boys on his first appearance.

Lee Gon guessed this will happen. Who won't fall for Jo Yeong’s pretty face? But this much. He doesn’t know if he should be happy or mad. From the Royal official website to every social media become chaos. Even other royal guards couldn’t believe their new captain will this famous. PA department works their best to calm down people.

Among that chaos, there is one person who doesn’t care any of this. That person is non-other than a person who is the reason for this, Captain Jo Yeong. When Seung-ah question about if he is okay with this much attention, he replied with
“I don’t care. I know I am handsome and they will interest me. But as long as they won’t threaten Pyeha’s safety it’s okay.”
His reply got a scoff from Seung-ah.

~

“Ho-pill you can go now. Captain Jo will be here for the rest of the night.” King said as soon as Yeong enter the study, along with the servant pushing a cart with the king’s dinner.

“Yes, Pyeha. I will get the going captain.” Ho-pill bows to king and captain and left mouth curling into a smirk as soon as he passes his captain.

After ho-pill and servant left, Yeong went to arrange their dinner on the table and to do food testing. His every movement follows the king’s eyes. Lee gon sighs.

“Yeongah”

“Yes, Pyeha. Do you want something?” Yeong replied without looking at him.

“Yeongah~.” Lee gon tries to gain his attention. To his surprise, Yeong didn’t even glance at him. He keeps doing his task.

“Captain Jo Yeong!” lee gon shouts his full name. Immediately gaining a response from said person.

“Yes, Pyeha!” Yeong looks at the king with bowing his head.

Lee Gon walks toward Yeong. “So you are going to act like this?” Gon asks with a frown. King placed his hands on Yeong’s shoulders.

“Pyeha don’t,” Yeong muttered closing his eyes when Lee Gon close their distance. Keeping his eyes on Yeong’s expression, Lee gon studies Yeong’s face carefully.

“Yeongah, did something happened?” Yeong shakes his head not meeting King’s eyes.

“Tell me.” Lee Gon tries again.

“Nothing happened Pyeha.” Yeong replied still not looking at him.

“If you say so. Let’s eat dinner.” Lee Gon change topic understanding whatever problem his lover has he should wait for him to talk about himself.

Without much talking, King and Yeong finished their dinner. After that King continues working on documents while Yeong prepared week security schedules for guards. It was really silent other than the sound of Key tapings and paper moving. Lee Gon’s eyes keep checking on Yeong here and there.