Chapter 50

If someone asks what he hates most, one thing is to waiting outside at the emergency room, while Yeong is inside. He doesn't know how always everything happens to make his husband's life risk. Lee Gon is walking back and forth in the corridor, while Ho-pil remains standstill, beside him, face emotionless, but anyone can see he is also worried about the Queen, his former Captain.

When they arrive at the palace earlier, Yeong and In-young were already on the way to the hospital. They couldn't use the infirmary at the palace because the place was damaged by the fire. In-young's situation wasn't dangerous as Yeong's. She was shot in the chest, but because she was wearing her bulletproof west the damage was not serious. Doctors said she will be discharged in few days. Yeong got shot in the stomach. And if it was another time he won't be in the serious state as now, but with him being pregnant, he lost a lot of blood on the way to the hospital.

The door gets open and Princess Se-Jin who was with Yeong all the way from the Palace as his doctor steps out. Se-Jin looks at the King, She seems, holding her tears.

"Oppa-"she stops for a bit to get a full breath before continuing her sentence.

"I am going to talk as his Doctor, Pyeha." She said, making him worries more. Lee gon looks at her with pleading, praying to deliver good news.

"You have to decide Pyeha." She said again, her eyes betraying and start to pour tears.

"You have to decide who we should save, Pyeha. His highness Yeong's condition is serious. We will lose both mother and Kids if we try to save them all "she continues. Hearing those words Lee Gon's world starts to break down again.

Why?

Why he has to do this?

Why he couldn't save them both? Why?

Why everything happens to him only?

Why?

Why life is so unfair to him and Yeong?

Lee gon look back at his cousin, with tearful eyes. He has to decide. Even it has to scarify his half of heart. Both his husband and children hold his heart. How could he decide to save only one? How?

"Save Yeong. No matter what." Lee replied finally, and Se-Jin bows. And without saying anything she returns to the emergency room, while Lee Gon stares at the retiring figure, with tears running down.

For a moment, memories flashed in his mind, reminding what happened before, the same place, the same situation after they get back from the night of the coup. He remembers how he goes back to save his lover that night, how scared he was when Yeong's cold body touched his When he doesn't feel Yeong's pulse.

Lee Gon stands, before looking at the Ho-pil.

"I am going to the palace. Don't leave him." Gon said and walks out from the hospital, ho-pill's team following behind him.

If God decides to put him same situation before, then he is going to the same thing he did. He will change their fate again.

No one can't stop him from going against their fate to save their husband.

He will suffer from all the aftermath, but he is not going to give up.

Soon lee gon arrived at the palace. The place is a mess, the fire had been stopped and now they are clearing the damaged parts. He looks at the scene before running toward his room, where he kept Manpasikjeok.

Lee gon holds the flute in his hand, his eyes pour tears without stopping.

He had sworn to his husband that he won't open the portals again, that he won't meddle with nature. But promises are there to break. Right? He can't give up his husband and children because of one promise.