1st Step

Court lady Noh and Jo yeong finished their investigation. After discussing with King, they decide to dismiss the current Captain and Sub Captain and their followers. Also, they decide to hire new Royal guards to fill in. But there is a risk, firing Captain of the royal guard will bring chaos to palace security. So they decide to do every change in slow but within a short time. So it won't bring them more problems.

As the first step, Jo Yeong joined the Royal Guard as a military attaché as they decide. and work as a normal royal guard until his time comes.

When Yeong's first day in work everyone surprise to find him in his Naval uniform at their captain's office. Other than Captain Ahn, no one knows about Lieutenant Jo joining Royal guards.

"Captain Ahn, LTFG Jo Yeong reporting for duty." Yeong introduces himself to others giving his hand to handshake.

"Welcome to the Royal Guard, LTFG Jo." The captain said shaking his hand. Their greeting becomes awkward. Because Lieutenant Jo holds a higher position than Captain Ahn in the military.

Sub captain Park In-young nudges Ho-pil without moving her eyes from scenes before her.

"Captain Ahn is Second Lieutenant rank in the army. but LTFG Jo's Rank is higher than his." Ho-pil explained quietly to Sub-captain Park.

"oh, then that's why Captain looks pissed. Because LTFG Jo didn't have to salute him. But he has to." In- young mutters understanding the current situation.

"yep." Ho-pil chirp beside him.

"So LTFG Jo, what brings you into Royal guard?" Captain Ahn questioned walking toward his desk with Yeong.

"Nothing special. This was my dream job when I was young." Jo Yeong replied smiling ear to ear.

"I see." Captain chuckles awkwardly turning toward other guards.

"Lieutenant Jo Yeong is here to join us as a military attaché. Let me introduce you to my team." Captain Ahn named each of his sub captains, and LTFG Jo shook their hands one after another.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all. This is my first time serving in protective detail of this magnitude. I'll have to rely on all of your help until I get my bearings. Please be patient with me." Yeong said to everyone in a large room. Of course, everyone agreed happily. They are excited to work with the famous Jo Yeong, who is best friends with their King. Little did they know, this is the beginning of a new era in Royal guards.

~

After meeting every chief in Royal guard divisions, Yeong heads toward their office. Captain Ahn tagged Sub-captain Park as his mentor. She gave him week schedule full with upcoming tests to check his abilities. He looks through his schedule checking it.

"LTFG Jo, today you don't have any schedule. So you can leave early. Tomorrow morning you will have your first test. Ho-pil will guide you. So, report before 0700." In-Young said to yeong.

"Okay, Sub-captain. I will go then. See you tomorrow."
Yeong leaves office taking his things. He heads to meet Court Lady Noh.

He found Lady Noh in her study with Secretary Mo.

"Yeongah. I was talking about you." Lady Noh said as soon as she saw yeong getting into the room.

"Mamaniem, can I talk with you privately?" yeong asks.

"yes yes, we can. How was your first day as a royal guard?" Lady Noh dismissed Secretary Noh and signal to yeong sit beside her.

"It's good. Today I don't have any schedules. So I was dismissed." Yeong replied sitting on the cushion before lady Noh.