Chapter Sixteen: The Breaking Point

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, Shawn." Braedey smiled gently, but deep down, he wasn't too sure. He then saw Matilda dressed up and ready for today. "Good morning, Miss." He then noticed that someone was missing. "Um... Where's Asuka?" Braedey asked.

"She already left. I guess she's bound and determined to avoid me." Matilda took a guess.

"Why would she do that?" Braedey asked in confusion.

"I guess you still don't understand how girls think." Matilda gave a small giggle. "Now, Shawn and Linx are gonna be keeping an eye on you. Kieron will be back soon with his new Jaeger."

"But, where are you going?" Braedey then asked.

"I'm needed over on Rhode Island alongside Ritsuko. We'll be there for most of today and tomorrow, so don't worry about dinner." Matilda said to him, patting his head. "Just be ready for whatever might happen."

"Of course." Braedey nodded.

Eventually, Matilda drove off to Rhode Island, while Braedey and Shawn go off to meet up with Linx and the others. They were curious about Kieron and his new Jaeger, all the while with keeping their thoughts to themselves.

"So, what do you guys think about the Jaeger that Kieron will be bringing in?" Linx asked to the others.

"Not sure. But whatever it might be, it sounds like something else." Shawn shrugged. He then looked to Braedey. "You doing okay?"

"A little alright. Still, I might need some help." Braedey said to the others, Shawn and Linx helping him along. "Thanks a lot, guys."

"Anything to help out one another. We are Jaeger pilots, and we gotta stick together." Shawn declared firmly.

~*~*~

Over in Japan's SHIELD base, Kieron was currently checking through some of the latest files regarding the Jaeger weaponry and the recent fight with the four-arm Demon and Crimson Dynamo. So far, he's been rather impressed by the footage of the fight between the Demon and Crimson Dynamo, then he got took a look at the files of another Jaeger pilot.

This pilot goes by the name of Steven Hayes. He is a Half-Mexican and Half El-Salvadoran male. He has a cheerful and reckless personality, but he gets serious in a fight. He and his dad both work at SHIELD. Steven is a young man of average height and weight. He has short and slightly spiky chestnut-brown hair and green eyes. His outfit consists of a gold-trimmed green mantle, white shirt, pants, and leather boots.

His Jaeger is designated as Maximum Jack

His Jaeger is designated as Maximum Jack. It stands about 100ft tall, with a width across the shoulders being 42ft across. The mech has an overall colour scheme of black, grey, dark blue, and a hint of red. The mech has slightly bulky forearms and lower legs, with boot-shaped feet. The mech has a pronounced horn-like shape in the form of a 'Y', with yellow visor-like optics, two horn-like pieces sticking out either side of the helm, as well as a Knight's mouth guard. There is also some kind of red chestplate for the mech.