Valley of the end

Naruto pov

I finally caught up to sasuke at the valley of the end and he was standing on top of madaras statue me on hashiramas.

He turned around to look at me and I saw in his manners a slight twitch in fear as he reacted to my sharp gaze. But he kept a calm demeanor.

Sasuke " don't you dare try to stop me Naruto you and I both know the reasons I need to get more powerful. "

Naruto " I'm not here for the retrieval mission I'm here to test you. If you can impress me with your skills ill let you go after all orocimaru will be teaching you if you go however after a two and a half year period he will attempt to take your body I need to ensure your strong enough now that I don't need to worry for you. In other words fight me sasuke with all you got or else I'll drag your ass back to the village. I'm not going to hold back "

I flicker in front of him and punch him in the face but before he could be blown back I grabbed his shirt and tossed him off the statue towards the water from there I launched gale palm after palm hitting him with wind hitting him harder into the water. I saw him activate the two tomoe sharingan and and three a kunai with wire to pull himself out of my barrage. I followed up by sending several shadow clones at him who proceeded to knock him around although he would dodge many attacks and counter attack it was still hard for him. He then activated stage one of the curse mark and defeated the clones .

He looks at me while catching a breath as I stare him down. I proceed to make a hundred shadow clones we all then proceed to throw a onslaught of projectiles at him and use shuriken shadow clone jutsu which meant he had thousands of shuriken coming at him. His face went pale but he focused and deflected every one that's when I noticed his sharingan had matured into a full three tomoe sharingan I realized though that he only managed to deflect all was the buff from the curse mark though because he was so winded he then took a three soldier pills and ate them he then proceeded to show off his jutsu arsenal as my clone army is incinerated and shredded by his skill.

He then attacked me and we were clashing fists and kunai and I'll admit with his current buffs and the sharingan im having difficulty keeping up as he keeps dodging and countering my attacks, this makes me realize I need to work on my base speed and strength as they are among the least I've put effort to, I also need to increase my reaction time. We proceeded to distance ourselves as he preformed the chidori and I the rasengan we then blitz each other aiming to collide our attacks together however his body was about to give out from strain so and he tripped last second I deactivated my rasengan as to not severely injure him and I went to catch him his as I feel a immense pain in my chest and could barely move I look up at him after seeing a chidori through my lungs he has shock on his face and tears in his eyes.

Sasuke " I-I-I..........."

I push him back and fall to my knees. I activate my nine tails cloak at one tail and using medical jutsu on me and close the wound however it's healing a little slower on the inside but he doesn't need to know that.

Naruto " it's gonna take more than that to hurt me. I'm going all out sasuke! "

I blitz him and bash him around and I watch him try to react but he's a still a bit shaken, but the pain has made him fight back but he realizes he is far too slow after getting kicked into a rock wall and making a crater he using his anger to power through as his curse mark fully forms and we fight on equal level blasting each other back and forth. After ten minutes of top tier fighting he's realized he's going to lose so in a last ditch effort we do a repeat of the clash however it's now a curse mark amped chidori and a bijuu amped rasengan. We clash and and are enveloped in a explosion we are launched apart and are both in bad shape he slowly stands up and looks at me like he has possibly won. I then activate my second chakra tail and go back to being completely fine and stronger than before I then walk towards him and you can sort of see the defeat in his eyes but he takes up a defensive position ready to fight I then smile and throw a kunai at his head he tilts his head to dodge and it wizzes by but that's when I teleport to the blade and put it to his throat.

Naruto " yield "

He reverts to normal and you can tell he's been battered heavily I remove the kunai and he falls to his  knees.

Sasuke " how are you so strong? "

I smile and begin to heal him much to his surprise.

Naruto " you pass I'm confident in your abilities, you better prepare for our future fight though cause I'll be a hundred times stronger. " 

i pull him to his feat but and put my hand on his shoulder. You could see a wide array of emotions in his eyes.

Naruto " you better get going "

he knodded and ran away but I heard him yell.

Sasuke " I will return Naruto you have my word."

.I walked towards the land and sat down I deactivated the nine tails cloak and coughed up blood

Naruto " damn I didn't heal it enough only enough to fight."

I proceed to start healing all my internal damage but it was not as fast as I'm not using kyuubi chakra. It began to rain heavily as I look at all the blood washing off of me I notice a shiny object float my way from the water I grab it and see it's a leaf headband with a slash through it I checked my head to see if it was mine but mine was in its spot, so it must have been sasuke but I don't know how it got slashed like it did.

Naruto " it really must be destiny huh gramps  hagoromo "

I finished healing my internal injuries but I was exhausted and bruised, battered and cut up I was still bleeding but it was far from threatening.

I lay down and stare at a rainbow and fall asleep .
I wake up feeling movement as I realize I'm on kakashis back however I'm still kinda groggy.

Naruto " hey big brother . "

He stopped walking for a second, but carried on.

Kakashi " hey Naruto, what happened?"

Naruto " I I could've stopped sasuke but I'd have to hurt him really bad, I know why he wants to get stronger so I tested him, I believe he can handle his own and get stronger, he's not a traitor he promised me he would return and I trust him. I'm just worried you know but if anyone can handle it, it be him believe it. "

Kakashi " I hope your right, it's good to know he didn't throw us away "

I thought to myself

You didn't fail him kakashi

I fell asleep again.