CHAPTER 83 - A - Sangeet Day

Next Day - 25 Sep - Arnav and Khushi's Sangeet Day

Blush ... blush and blushing.

That's all Khushi was doing since the time she had woken up today. True to her mother's words, her Mehendi had come out very dark. Not only on hands, but her feet were also having the dark maroon color of Mehendi. And she couldn't help but look again and again at the beautiful patterns, the swirls and paisley drawn on her hands. Payal and her Buaji had teased her to no ends ... that her Arnavji loves her very much ... that's why her Mehendi is so dark. She had come to the room, escaping their teasing, warning them that she will get back to them for this teasing.

She runs her fingers over Arnav's name. Just like he had mentioned yesterday, she had his full name on her left palm, starting from the wrist and ending at the ring finger, written in a curve ... hidden by swirls and paisley. She blushes again ... remembering his words that he will find his name ... and she knew he will ... because he love challenges and always wins when it is related to her. She has experienced this many times by now.

She then remembers her mother's words from yesterday, when she was feeding her the dinner ...

"Khushi, you know why Mehendi is applied to the bride?", asked Garima when she saw Khushi admiring her Mehendi ... Arnav's name to be precise.

"Yes Amma, it is said that darker the color Mehendi leaves on the hands of a bride, the more she will be loved by her husband", replied Khushi.

"Yes, that's the one thing. But this ritual has another significance as well", said Garima as she fed Khushi a morsel. "One, the Mehendi is applied because it means that the bride is getting ready for her husband ... she is being beautified for her husband. The name on your hand signifies that you now belong to your husband and he will become a part of you. Second, the Mehendi has its own unique sweet fragrance, it is said that due to this fragrance your upcoming life and home will be filled with sweet fragrance of happiness. Third, the coolness of Mehendi brings calm and peace to bride; it helps in settling the nerves and facing the troubles of life with cool mind. And last, it is also considered as a strong medicinal herb, it protects the bride from viral disease and keeps her healthy for the night of togetherness with her husband."

"Amma ...", Khushi blushed hearing the last sentence, "From where you come with all of this non-sense?".

"Arey ... its not non-sense. Its what has been said since the start ... when this ritual was added into the wedding ceremonies", said Garima chiding Khushi a little.

"But the only one which make sense is ... the name of your husband in your hands and the darker color indicates that bride is loved immensely by her husband", said Khushi.

"Acha baba ... you think of only this reason ok", said Garima as she smiles at her daughter, "We all know how much Arnav bitwa loves you ... (she cupped Khushi's face with one hand) treasure him always bitya ... a gem like him is hard to find".

"I know Amma, there is no one like my Arnav ji", said Khushi with pride ... her eyes reflected her immense love for him.

Garima smiles and prayed for her children happiness.

Just then an idea came in her mind to tease Arnav; she picked her cell and send a message to him. Arnav had just come into his room, few minutes ago, after having breakfast. He heard the beep of his cell and a smile came on his lips reading Khushi's name.

He opened the message and frown reading the message.

"You lied to me".

He replied back, thinking when and what he lied about.