CHAPTER 8

Khushi was running here and there looking after the arrangements for the party. It was being held in AR on the 7th floor, which includes of 2 halls. One usually use for holding parties and other use to address media or exhibition for clothes and other things. Lavanya has asked her to come in the morning and help her with the party arrangements. The hall was decorated with white and blue balloons. The tables were covered in white sheets with blue napkins. And each table has a vase of flowers blue and white going with the theme. Lavanya was very impress with the preparations, she thought she had made a right decision in choosing Khushi for this as she got to know from her that she first work as an assistant event manager at AR Mumbai Branch and she also happens to play a major role in planning AR Mumbai fashion show in Mumbai a month ago. So Lavanya decided to check her skills and she was very happy indeed.

Soon it was 7.00pm, time of party and the employees started to arrive, some in formal suits and some in casual but all going with the theme that was white and blue, as Lavanya have informed everyone about the theme. Lavanya was wearing a pretty off shoulder knee length blue dress.

She found Khushi at the buffet table.

"Khushi what are you doing here, go get ready ... people are coming and ASR will also be here in few minutes", said Lavanya while dragging Khushi away from the table.

"Mam, just few more minutes I just have to check the dishes", said Khushi.

"No, leave it I will do it ... you go and get ready.", with that Lavanya pushed Khushi towards the changing rooms at the end of the hall.

Khushi went to rooms allocated for men and women to change behind the hall. She wore a beautiful blue sari with light silver work on it. She came out after half an hour. And move towards Lavanya.

"Wow you look beautiful Khushi", said Lavanya. "Thanks Mam", replied Khushi.

"But why sari? you could have told me I would have got you a nice gown or a cocktail dress".

"No Mam, I feel much more comfortable in it", said Khushi.

"Stop with the Mam will you, we are not in office, call me Lavanya", said Lavanya smilingly.

"uh ok Lavanya ji", Khushi too smiled back.

Arnav arrived at that time with Akash, Anjali, Mamaji, Mamiji and Rahul. Nani ji excused herself from the party and was looking after Arush.

"Wow Chotey, hall looks beautiful", said Anjali looking impressed at the arrangements. Rahul too praises it.

"Di, please .. not here", said an irritated Arnav.

"Ok ok ... Arnav ", Anjali giggled.

Lavanya spotted Anjali and went to her, " hey Anji , how are you darling?". Lavanya hugged her.

Anjali too hugged her back, "I am fine ... but I must say the arrangement are fantastic .. amazing job haan", she said.

"Oh that ... well its not me, this whole (she gesture with her hand towards hall) is Khushi's idea."

Arnav turn his head at the mention of Khushi's name.

"What, Khushi did that?", Akash asked Lavanya getting impressed and surprised at the same time.

"Yeah ... I called her in the morning as I wanted some suggestion but she went along with all the arrangement by herself. And I must she is very good with this stuff, not only at designing ASR". Lavanya answered while looking at Arnav. Arnav too got surprise to hear that.

"Ohh ... Where is she? ... I want to meet her", said Anjali grabbing Lavanya's arm.

"Sure Anji she was just right here (she turned to look at the stage) but I guess she again went to look after some arrangements. I told her to stop it ... Well come on .. enjoy the party." With that Lavanya dragged Anjali with her.