CHAPTER 75 - A

Friday - Evening @ Mumbai ...

With age, comes experience. One doesn't have to be educated enough to gain experience. Sometimes the time, people and various conditions you face in life, teaches you a lot many things which education doesn't. Shashi was not educated much, he was not perfect, but he had experience. He had seen life and met different kinds of people. And with that experience, he knows that there is something with the young man sitting in front of him, sipping his tea. Although he was talking to Shashi and Garima, but his eyes do move in particular direction every now and then. Shashi looked in that direction and saw his daughter Payal playing with Arush, in their back lawn.

The young man finished his tea and stood up asking his leave. "Akash Bitwa please stay for dinner, you have come here after so long", said Garima standing up.

"Thank you aunty but I really have to go now. Have to prepare for my meetings and other stuff", said Akash as his eyes once again darted towards Payal.

"Its ok bitwa, but do come here once before going back", said Shashi and Garima insisted too.

"Sure uncle, Namaste ... take care", said Akash as he folded his hand and went towards the back door of house, but stopped in his track when Shashi called Payal's name.

"Payal ... leave our guest at the door", said Shashi as he saw Akash's gaze on Payal as she came near and nodded her head. She smiles at Akash and gestures to move ahead. Garima picked up Arush and followed them.

Shashi sit back in his chair and sipped his tea. He always drink it slow, savouring the warm liquid as it helps sought out his thoughts.

He was confirmed with one thing that there is something with Akash and Payal. He had seen his constant gazes towards Payal since the time he came here to drop Khushi an hour ago. And he also noticed Payal's hesitation when he asked her to drop him at door. It can only be attraction or mere friendship, courtesy or may be more. But it's so soon to tell. He won't probe or ask his daughter. He had done this mistake before. Although it wasn't his fault, but he seems to think that way, if he hadn't insisted Payal for marriage 2 years ago, Shashi sighed as he remembered Payal's sad face.

The incident left his daughter broken and scarred towards love. She had handled herself well, got a job and become more confident. But she had put walls around her heart. He knows Akash is a nice guy, humble and of kind nature. Total opposite to his angry, arrogant and intimidate brother. He was reluctant at first, of Khushi's relation with Arnav. But when he had seen his love for Khushi and watched him go to great lengths, risking his life to save her. It tells how much he loves her. Sometimes the possessiveness in Arnav scares him. But he has faith in Khushi that she will handle it. If Arnav is stubborn then Khushi is no less. If Arnav has a temper, Khushi has a cool personality. Now soon she is going to enter in the most sacred bond with that man. And now he has to think about his other daughter.

Every father would want a well settled, caring and kind nature personality groom for his daughter. But more than that Shashi wants to know if Akash would be able to crumble the walls around Payal's heart, if he can restore her faith in love. And most importantly, will Payal let him? So he will wait and watch. He won't probe or insist his daughter like he did before. This time he will leave the decision on her and time.

"Baba why are you here alone? Where is Akash and Arush?", asked Khushi as she came near. She had gone inside to talk to Arnav. He had reached home few minutes ago and was getting his things ready, as he will be leaving for London tonight.

"He left bitya, said he had some work to do. Payal had gone to drop him at front door. Arush is inside with your Amma", said Shashi.

"And you still haven't finished your tea? How can you drink it cold?", said Khushi making a face. Shashi chuckled at her expression. Want he can say. He got so use to it now. It's hard to change it.