CHAPTER 50

Numbness.

That was the feeling, or may be no feeling at all.

Numbness ... Surrounding Khushi.

Her senses were numbed or may be the whole being of her, or else she could have felt something when NK was jerking her. When Akash and Aman took Arnav's body away from her lap. When NK was talking to her. When NK made her stand up.

There were loud noises everywhere ... but all Khushi could felt was quietness and coldness. Its like the life was slowly dripping away from her body. She didn't know when NK had made her sit in the car, when it got started and when it was running on the road. She just sit still, her eyes un focused ... just numb ... all numb.

NK made Khushi sit in front seat while Akash and Aman took the back seat holding Arnav. Aman had checked his pulse ... it was slow and he was breathing very slow too. Without wasting any time NK had started the car and drove towards the city in speed.

"Where is the nearest hospital?", asked NK,  he was not familiar with the roads of Dehli as he lived most of his life in Mumbai.

"Don't know ... let me call jiju", said Akash, he was literally shaking in fear. He fumbled with his cell phone, it took him time to dial Rahul's number.

Aman too was shocked that he just kept staring and shaking Arnav. He had kept his handkerchief on Arnav's wound and was pressing it to stop the flow of blood. But it had already got soaked in Arnav's blood. He had never felt that much frighten before that he was right now. His cell ring, it took him time to realize that, he took it out ... it was Vikrant's call.

-------------------- Same time -- On Other side

"Baby why are you crying baba?", asked Anjali trying to quiten Arush who was crying non-stop.

"Shobah ji ... did he get hurt somewhere?", asked Anjali looking at Arush's nanny who was standing beside her.

"No Mam. I was just trying to feed him but he was not eating it and then after some time he started crying. I tried to make him stop but he didn't ... that's why I brought him down", said Shobah, who was also worried seeing Arush crying that badly. His baby face was all red and tears continue to flow.

Anjali, Nani, Mama ji, Mami ji and Rahul all were there in the living room when Shobah brought crying Arush down. They all tried different ways to distract him ... his sobs subside but didn't stop. Just then Rahul's cell ring ... he checked it was Akash. 

Thinking it will be some news of Khushi he moves to side and pick the call. But what he heard made him shout out loud,"WHAAT???".

"When? How?", asked Rahul. Everyone got alerted. They were watching Rahul and trying to make Arush stop at the same time.

"Ajay was about to shoot Khushi .. but bhh..hhai ..ii   bhaa iii ... jump in front and got shhh oott..", said Akash trying to keep his voice steady. "Jiju where is the nearest hospital? He is losing too much blood".

"Ok .. ok ... tell me where are you now?", asked Rahul who come over his shock. Akash looked around but couldn't recognise any familiar thing. He asked Aman, who was on call with Vikrant, he shake his head in negative.

"Jiju .. we don't know ... the place where we went was quit far away from city", said Akash his voice was cracking now.

"Ok just hang on ok, don't panic. Look out for any board, then tell me", said Rahul who started to pace the room.

"Rahul bitwa ... what happened?", asked Mamaji who now came near to Rahul. He just shakes his head in negative not wanting to tell him anything yet. Mama ji didn't say anything but just stood there.