Chapter 34 : After the New Year's Party

[3rd POV]

Black birds flapped and the butterflies went. The clouds were soaring into its thick, dark wrapped anyone's heart who walked in trickling tears. Walked in tears and grieving, Felix led the way through the silence hill in blank expression. Grasses wet on its dying, ashes were flying upon the splattering blood and the lifeless leaves, grey and fluttered. He could felt his hand was trembling, on the crumbling debris where it was burned before and it was now only the coffins what he was witnessing.

There weren't thing they could remembered, nor what they wanted to remember, as their one and only home was burned and their family has gone. He lost his friends, he lost brothers. He was sad for them. He was angry for them. Eight maids and twelve knights. The palace wasn't only place where royal members was live. It was also the home for the maids, knights, and the place where they could called it a home, a place where everyone could shared anything beneath the one same roof and same painful.

Athanasia placed the flower for the last time in held tears. The sun showered their coffins smoothly, embracing their cold body binded by the finest suit as it was the last time the sun could kiss their cold body before the soil just buried them bit by bit and the darkness wrapped them. She didn't know what exactly she was rumbling for as the last speech, but nothing could be expected from the grief. Athanasia couldn't stood in the last word, being limped even before finished the words while Felix just held her hand again to share their tears.

Two young souls with too much lost and too much battle in their life. Death was fate but seeing how people keep dying just because of her, just because of the cheap game they were playing until now, has hurt her heart more. No matter with whom they've been affiliated and for what reason they did it, those witches have declared a war for Obelia. Athanasia has vowed to herself that she would hunt them down and took their bones one by one while behind her back, Felix has vowed the same way.

"Athanasia."

"Let me go."

Athanasia pulled her hand away in pain look as if something from the touch has hurt her. Two figure stood facing each other in strange feels, the distance would only drew them further, would only buried them deeper, revealing the space they've never got used to as those blue jeweled eyes was only glinting in cold and clear.

"Until how much time I have to give you a chance?"

She wrapped her body in small, that coat even couldn't protected her from the cold, from the wind that only wilderedly fluttered her hair to be swayed and she hugged her body even small.

"Is it after my death's time and Derian saved me? After my exploded mana and you weren't there? Or after what incident until you finally understand?"

The words just clearly came out from her mouth, the tears was streaming straightly from her eyes. Pain and hurtful, once again Lucas couldn't told himself what thing that exactly glided upon his heart and sore his pain. What thing that stabbed his chest as he once again witnessed those tears ever streamed that face and dirt her cheeks. How much his hand wanted to wipe those sadness, how much he wanted to approach and gave her a shoulder to cry. Just like the old days, when he just silently stared her cried on the day of her birthday. Lone and cry, blowing the candles on her own without anyone to congrats, neither to embrace. What was anger, what was sad, what was happy, how to feel when the tears just stream anyone's face and people hesitatedly hug for the dried touch he never could felt. But back and forth from there, the pain was real, and it was what Lucas felt as she turned her face away and she abandoned him.