Chapter 33 : The Lost Member of Toby Family

[3rd POV]

The sun was grey.

Yet the room was bit too dark, heavy sigh, and tears of cry seems to be endless. Messed, to be said. Wrecked, to be told. The only thing that told she was still there was the sound of her fragile thumping heart that streamed between the radiance of the sun that was peeking through. Nobody dared to come to her directly and the maids could only hung his head down in obidience. It wasn't a rumor anymore that Athanasia slowly turned to untouchably cold just like her father. Most of her day has been spent to solve all the matters that raised wildly between her ruling time and this accident, might has affected her more than anyone thought. Athanasia was not only a princess now, the iconic girl to be adored. She was now the head of the imperial, all the responsibility should be dumped to her shoulder and for all those things, her head went tired just when she about to think about it.

The party was forcedly stopped as the loud explosion happened and burned the Sapphire Palace. The damage being escalated quickly just a second after the explosion happened and it was just too late to save anyone in the Sapphire. Dozens of witches came like a waves and swept everything before their eyes. The palace that used to be a beautiful place before, with many small lakes that would sparkle everytime the sun showered has been switched by the trace of the flames and the debris from the fighting. Obelia was outnumber as most of the wizards from the tower have been ordered to the borderline and left them to only few. The battle run in unequal since both parties from Arlanta and Obelian's knight won't succeed to hold them in a long time and they almost faced the lost if Derian didn't throw himself to help Athanasia for the battle.

"If you don't trust me, you have pressed that sword onto me, but you're not."

Derian was smiling, but his plain porcelain face showed none other than the emptiness and his eyes just coldly stared as the piercing ice. The crowd was soon getting away, faded and distant, that it was only left them between the stretched sword, threatening.

"You're more than know that my patience won't last long and you sure know how to limit it."

Athanasia gazed him angrily, a bit chuckled, that her blue jeweled eyes was staring into him cruelly. Sometimes she wished that crimson eyes who looked on her was Lucas, as she could rest all her messed thoughts in his shoulder and her mind could stopped for wandering since she could believed him that much. The man, however, still stood still in where he was, dared enough to met her straightly in the eyes, duelling a stare.

"Still, if they're an Arlanta's, I won't do that disgust thing to Obelia. You already know what's inside my mind, Princess, and I know you trust me as big as it."

He cut their distance suddenly and the blade on her hand just being turned to be ashes once Derian touched it. She tossed the sword away and strode back for the fear that started to control her heart for the first time. She never experienced the fear this bad, not when she always saw those red eyes mostly in a warm. Not when Derian was always offering his hand to hold her in her falling time and he always happened to come in the edge of her cliff to rescue her from falling. Now she even didn't know what to fear anymore since the worse has came to its worst.

"I want to make a deal with you, Princess."

Those darkened red eyes was only glimmering in victory. She knew she could proud herself among the other girls and boys around her age, so proudly bragging all her delights and blessings she could easily has as a Princess. But with Derian who could read all what she thought, what she planned, she wouldn't won over a man who always one step after her and she hated this fact.

"I could offer you all the informations about their movement, the pattern, and everything. But there's a cost you need to pay as the exchange. Something you could only do for me and my family."