Chapter 23 : The Gate of Fate

[3rd POV]

The Obelia gorgeous palace was seen clearer at this sight. The golden hues of the gates that would always swing as the horse carriage passed and the silver statues around the big wide pillars both with the red carpet that was shown upon the hard porcelaine floor were also seen magnificent and gorgeous. The horse carriage was just riding calmly, splitting the gate by its shine under the golden line of the summer beam and for the sight of the knights's armor that shone in silver. The eyes of its passenger was only wandering the palace's pleasant surruond, knights and maids which only bowed to her presence as if the mess she has caused was only a lie.

It has been months of Jennette's waiting, after she just sent back to the Mansion directly even without any answers, neither the explanation. Duke Alpheus would just shut whenever she ever asked, letting her to only wonder her mess mind, to only imagine the words she just heard and the cold eyes seems to be glacier to glide upon her weak and fragile heart. That emperor must be not understand how she was felt for being abandoned along this whole time, since he could casually stabbed her heart with those cold words without mercy and just left. Since he could casually rejected her as her daughter and chose Athanasia to be only his instead.

She was surprised as the carriage stopped not farther, the knight was escorting her in care and gentle, revealing her in her best dress and blossomed with smile. Her eyes were squinting for the sudden amount of the light but quickly adjusted it as she found the familiar figure that has stood a mere meters before her eyes.

"Welcome, Lady Jennette Magrita. Thank you for granting my invitation."

"I would gladly to come, Princess. May bless and peace upon you."

The two figures were bowing to each other, with both of mind were drifting to each own destination. She didn't expect the invitation would come this fast, as it should be The Majesty that would bless the new Palace's member and the bureaucrats that gathered in full and crowd to witness the ceremony. But the Palace even emptier than ever, that it was only two maids that prepared the tea and cakes which just went away in rush and quick after the preparation has been done.

"How have you been, Lady Magrita?"

Athanasia was smiling, the girl that she just witnessed laid in unconscious and bleeding before, was smiling onto her. She even could still remembered how those blood was painting the green grasses into red, how people were worriedly running and yelling onto Athanasia and a loud boom happened to threw the people back further. It was only Athanasia who laid upon the debris, lone and bleeding and Jennette was thrown further from the chaos, also hurt. Jennette even could still remembered how her own hand was stretching to reach Claude, her throat that being hoarse to ask for Claude's help which only returned in vain. The two blondes were facing through each other between the wild crackling energy. Conscious and unconscious, Claude was there to look for Athanasia and even didn't leave one single worried glance left to Jennette.

Jennette could only fidgeted nervously through her dress. That nightmare was still dancing clearly upon her eyes, to her nails which just dug deeper into her palm hand as the wind drifted slowly and the blade of the grasses swayed smoothly under her feet.

"Lady Magrita are you not feeling well?"

"I'm fine, Princess. I should be the one who asking that to Princess."

But she was never fine. She was never fine and wouldn't ever be. The fact that she just barely learned, the truth that she just faced, which all the time from her whole life she has been always told that this imperial someday would be hers. That all these pleasures and honors would be hers and she would be the one who wore the crown instead of Athanasia. But Jennette wasn't the first anymore. She wasn't the most anymore. The time she spent to be a Princess would be in vain and she just hurtin more. There was something that stabbed her heart deep in the middle of her waved emotion, and sometimes it would just hard to sail a smile in front of the person she envied the most.