Chapter 17 : The Pendant

Fading memories and regret, it is the thing which I would drink from your going.

[Lucas's POV]

"How could it be."

It was what I should ask to myself, when the body across there has been cold and died. I was frosted at my stood, eyes locked on the silence thump on her chest, grasses was wet from the dripping water from her gown. Pale and white, her jeweled eyes was shut in dullness and lifeless, lips has turned to be palpably blue. It was only Claude's hand that keep her to straightly sit, hands were weakly laid on the spot near her waist, also pale and blue.

The knights were could only statuing at their stood, still wet and shivering after tried to catch the Princess but still failed. Felix and Lily have also came, still with eyes streamed by tears, she threw a blanket to Athanasia and propped her a kiss on the forehead. I didn't know either why were I being suffocated, as if everything was turning to be dull and it was only my head that keep spinning. I also came closer, staggered and hesitate, which it was only the cold of her that was felt upon my shivering skin, white and fragile.

"You failed to save her."

Claude watched me emotionally, tears were streaming and stained the thin air by his cold grunt, hand was pointed to where I was, blue and gold lightning crackled from his hand.

"I'm not gonna forgive anyone who committed a failure. If she dies then you die."

"You're the one who gonna die in my hand instead because you took what's mine."

The energy raised around us wildly, wind swirled in harsh and ears blade by its loud. The tension has dropped to be frosted, air to be dense and wind to be paused. The sun just died out in sudden, birds and the butterflies have gone for fright. Cold and dreadful, threatening and angry, his hand was releasing a crackled light, eyes deepened by grudge.

"You, die."

BOOM!

One flash dread attack, blue and golden lightning was striking and cracking the ground in half. One deep black hole was sizzling on the ground, haze soared to the sky.

"Please stop Your Majesty! Lucas! Princess Athanasia need our attention the most."

"Move, Felix, unless you wish to die with that useless bastard."

The explotions happened again, now more dreadful, more threatening. Lights and flash stroked anyone's eyes in bright, rising their fright into its peak. Claude couldn't be stopped, the dried soil already collided between his twirling wind and a blue lightning crackled in there. The lightning has been growling on its peak, soil rose to its high, dust and ashes met on its raise, waiting to once again stroke the ground in half.

"I was wrong to trust her to you, wizard."

"And I was wrong to leave her to you."

Cold and dread, everything was only spinning due to each own's summoning. My hands were glowing red, a thunder was appearing from the two's anger. Uncountable lightnings, lot of bombs, fright was only meant to be drew in each own's heart. The knights have run here and there, avoiding the bombs and the explotions that keep hitting the ground and cracked them in many places.

We have buried what we called dignity, tears and sorrow has wiped what we believed as pity. This was only the battle of sad and losing, when the two of us would only aim the grieving. Sorrow and despair was the only thing which moved this hand to finally released what we called remorse. For the woman he has failed to protect for the second time, for the woman I would gladly give all my whole life to be with, and just let this death to buried us in dust and ashes.