Chapter 19 : The Return of the Wizard of The Black Tower

[3rd POV]

"It's just a nonsense that wizard tries to pull you in."

Duke Alpheus stared his son coldly, the eyes behind his glasses were only glancing a slight and revealed none other than nothingness. He only lived to work, he only lived for his ambition, when he woke up and the first thing he thought was his Dukedom and all the things they might achieve and have. The marriage between Rosalie Yudith and his wasn't more than a business and the son he got from her wasn't more than a thing he could bargained with any prouds and praises he might get from growing Izekiel until his best. He always thought Izekiel might be grow likely to be him than his mother, as he always taught Izekiel how to be coldly thought about everything, what was best, what was bad, and still he can't find any reflection of his in that figure he stared right now.

"I don't have a feel to discuss anything right now. You'd better go back to your room and read the book about how our diplomatic is going and compare it with Arlanta's. I'll wait for your work before the dinner."

"And why am I supposed to do your order when you still haven't answered my question? What are you planning with that man and why Lucas said that words to me?"

Izekiel dared himself to stare his father right through his eyes, two couple of eyes were lighting by the sun rays that gently peeking through the windows behind them.

"Why, father? Are you planning to fool me and Mom again this time?"

Duke Alpheus just smiled, he took off his glasses and patted Izekiel on the shoulder. He aimed the door and slightly turned his head to answer his one and beloved son.

"No, my son, this time I would do the right thing for our family."

***

"What a shame that you don't in my side Lucas, or I should call you The Wizard of The Black Tower?"

Lucas, The Wizard of the Black Tower, has long not heard that name was being spatted again upon his eyes.

Hide and to be hidden. Disappeared and vanished, Lucas has long forgotten his title, yet also has forgotten many events that mocked him on his despair. The name of the wizard of the black tower has long gone, sinking at the time Obelia lost its pride and the witches buried them into ashes.

His Master, the first wizard of the black tower, just died by the nonsense thing called love, by the promise to live as long as the woman he loved in the meantime of life. Lucas's life was stopped at that moment, frosted at the sight his master's figure was raising into dust and ashes, mocking him on his despair for not having any power to reach him from the death.

He didn't believe anymore, he didn't listen anymore. He was taking the title after then, served the Obelia emperor and his Prince in the ought to be loyal and all he could know was only how to vent out all his anger, how to burn all those nightmares that only danced upon his eyes and hurt him more. He only knew to destroy, not to love. He only knew to hate, not to forgive. He fell himself to the despair which he himself didn't know where the limit was, that it was only his magic that keep him alive from the time that stunned his sore heart and fell him into slumber.

[Arlanta's Antique shop, nowadays]

The bell was jingling as the door was switchedly crackling open. The shelves were shown upon Lucas's eyes, warm and gentle the sun rays just barged through the slight gap and dimly lit his hardened face in cold and cruel. Stinging him in the nose, the dust was seen thickly covered the wooden floor, printing his footprints on the room that seems broad and endless. Silence and empty, it was only the chandles that still shone on its plate, litting the sight of his chest that was moving in haggard and stiff, for the silhouette of the shadow that only grew from the darkness of the chamber.

"If I were you, I wouldn't touch that book. Why you're even interesting to that black magic if you're not the one?"

The sound was stiff and rough, appearing together with the silhouette that was coming quickly, glided upon the hard wooden floor even without echoes and muted. Lucas just grinned deviously, the eyes under that hoodie couldn't stopped from glancing, only muttering the wary.

"Have our agreement not existed anymore until you dare to leak my existence out as the wizard of the black tower?"

His hand stopped for sweeping the shelf, two eyes met, red and black fought. Vacant and cruel stares were challenging. The two figure would only still stay still at their stood, letting the candles to be died out by their emotion, by the anger, and by the hopeless that has sunken to the man's heart. The chamber has just turned to be dark and bleak as ever, only left the colourful piece of flags which were hanging around the streets which seems to be plain and lifeless under the wind streamed and the sun shone.

"We've agreed to not meet each other and you're the one who breaking it."

"I'm just looking for someone who arrogantly crossed my line by threatening my girlfriend by a silly trick and danger her life."

Lucas wiped the distance bit by bit by his walk. His cloak would just flutter coldly under the shriek that came from the man's fright, from the widened eyes that came from a frightened heart. Annoyed and impatient, it was only the anger what Lucas showed, eyes was fierced by dark and the man's face just turned to be pale and white.

"It's not me, Lucas. Though, you can't fight the dark with the same dark. The avenge in your heart would only smoke your decision and bring you to destruction."

"Well, I don't mind by entering those darkness either if I need to."

The tense grew out rapidly, the room was suddenly turned to be silence that it was only their thumps that was echoing. Slow but certain, the distance would only going nearer, leaving nothing unless the petrified face under Lucas's shadow that was hovering, squeaking on his limping feet.

"Say may word to our old friend that I'm personally waiting him to show his face to me."

***

Blue jeweled eyes were glancing, shoes was stepping in smooth, leaving that extravagant room in soon and quick. There were many couple of eyes were following, doubts and hesitates filled the room in dense and heavily, somewhat burdened those steps to even go further.

"Nervous?"

A hand was stretched, gold and silver hues of royal suit was shimmering under the gentle shining sun. Two couple of eyes met, one hesitate heart and one greedy heart fought.

"I don't think this is the right time."

"Until when you would postpone this matter?"

The girl just stuttered by the question, hand was tightly gripping the end of her humble dress, one ring circled her pinky finger in sparkle.

"Do you want His Majesty to wait more and you'll just let Princess Athanasia to take your position?"

The tone just being softened, those golden eyes only stared her in gentle, leaving her to be the only one who decided. Things were blurring, heart was hesitating. Still, with all pair of eyes were witnessing, and by all the sounds which crammed her doubts, she finally walked, laying her hand to the stretching hand across her presence.

"Let's go uncle, His Majesty sure has waited our presence."

And by the wide smile that appeared on Duke Alpheus's face, both with Jennette that was on his hand, they were entering the hall, to the chamber of emperor.

***

Are you ready for the next?

Believe me, don't stop at this chapter, because it's not only you who wait for the next.

But first,
why don't you tap that star button to give this story a vote?

Always love, vote, and comment ❤️