Chapter 11 : A Place Called Home

[Lucas's POV]

I was half died, only leaving me the choice to stand or fall. To only see or do, to only hide or fight.

I almost died, the world meant to be dark and I was falling. To its spin, to its flaw and impeccable scenes, my best and worse, my down and into my fall.

'How long I have been slept?'

Too many years to be counted, too many questions to be answered. I was laid in somewhat between being grateful and not. For somewhat between hatred and guilt. Many days have long gone again, sun was rising and falling on its time, dark and bright was filling me for some fun.

'Brother, what are you doing here?'

'I should be the one who ask you little girl, I'm here for your father. Where's your Dad?'

And fate walked as certain as the time, as correct as the right. There were more questions that we couldn't achieve the answer, that we couldn't find its retaliation. Knowing and unknowing, sometimes it would be the best to let some questions remained to be untold when how and why was what humans always wonder. Too cocky to know the best, when mostly of them only led theirselves into their ground burial site.

'Why would you care toward her now? You even don't call her as your daughter before.'

'But she is! You need to help me! You need to help her!'

And guilt was the only ending for the human being. Lone was a friend, tears and agony, sad and the madness. We would sat and be united as the old friend in reunion, embraced and mourned over the doom while we were grieving and tearing.

I've been live in ages. I've watched many fall and growth. The world in its darkness and brightness. That life sometimes could be so bright and beautiful, and sometimes it could be bored and dull.

Long live was a journey of curse and misery. Being old was a thing that much people scared and wanted to escape. But lived a life like me was scary. It wasn't something you could wished or chose for, neither to evade nor to hide for. You still have a part of life to be lived and to be grateful for in this short term of life, that you have been lived happily, that you born, you grew, you married and have a funny baby. You built a small cabin, running a wonderful family while slowly turned to be old and stray of your hair was becoming grey.

But what you wish from seeing the world from this man's eyes? When I just witnessed countless death in countless years, many people were leaving and still the world stunned and couldn't change.

I was born lonely and made to be lonely. The time was passing by like nothing, just as meaningless as the echoes of dripping water that came from the ceiling, the wind that stroke its leaves gently and falling their dry branches. It was all meaningless and effortless for beyond the splendor of living in hundreds years or the centuries. The pain could be so unbearable, but the time keep running wild and forced my heart becoming cold and broke.

I wandered from town to town, from palace to another one, didn't has an exact place called home and just went as the road brought me to study wherever the magic existed and challenged myself to find the best of me. It was nothing but destiny that someday I would be a great wizard.

I could change the world with only clap or snap. But the only thing I knew was I didn't care. I reckless. I spread out my mana with no control. Killing and hunting. Too cocky, too bossy. I listened to no one. I wanted a proud. I wanted a praise. An ego. A self-satisfied.

But the cost was very expensive that I have to lose the people I loved. The people I cerished them much, and the place I lived.

I always think that the punishment for a killer was a death. I almost did it in anytime. But humans always have a choice, either just to hold or let it go. Or to change and repair it all. To stand or to fall. To choose and to be chose. Or to end up and began all of the things from the very start. And now I have a reason to live longer. And that reason was Athanasia.