Chapter 43 : Farewell to Arlanta

[3rd POV]

There was one red long carpet upon the hard and cold marbel floor, two high and gorgeous chairs on the edge of them, with two figures where all of the nobles and bureaucrats petrifiedly stared them. Golden and silver which layered their seat, glamorous and wondrous cloak sumptuously hung their shoulder, the two of them would only scorched anyone's stare, for every sins which vividly stained some of their hands, which clearly has crossed the Obelia's history with their treason.

The door would only being opened in quick and clear, one long paused breaths and many more mouths were agaped as four hands were dragged harshly on their sight, heads were hanging down in low and ashamed. So pathetically, so embarrassingly, that they can't even lifted their head up to see the common that was made to mock them solely. The quiet and strained hall turned to be vividly noise and some of them clearly pointed their hand onto the two people in thick and rough clothes kneeled in the hard floor, knew too well the appearance from the two on their finest clothes before, fancy dress and expensive suit of silver lined by gold. One of their best time before they weren't more than mice who waited their death across the lion now.

"Roger Alpheus and Jennete Magrita, have you contemplated your sins?"

Cold as ever, Claude glanced them both ruthlessly. He still sat still, waited the answer most in impatiently. Roger and Jennette could only shared a look, trembling and shivering for waiting when the death would be theirs anyway. The wounds and the bruises has been peeked out from their pathetic clothes, couldn't be counted how many times they've tried to run and they failed.

"I'm fully aware about what I've done, Your Majesty. But this is the before emperor's fault that he has persuaded me and asked me to do what he ordered me to. I'm just doing what he asked me to, Your Majesty."

"And what things that let you to do his orders than mine? Am I lacking for caring you and the Alpheus?"

"No, Your Majesty. Please bear my family, this is my fault."

He thought he would never plead to anyone, lowing his head down only to beg some mercies and having a pity gaze he usually give to. He would be the one who ordered this and that instead, stood in the most honor place and clinked his glass for his victory. Both with Jennette Magrita, they would resided on the place where no one could ever dreamed to be, raising the throne with the sight Athanasia being blamed and outcasted. They would ride the carriage with marched of joys, people gathered to wave them honorly, and knights tailed them obidiently. Life would be so merrily, with no glares and fierce stares they were witnessing for now.

"Unfortunately the decision isn't on me. It's Athanasia who would decide to let your fault or not."

The declaration was clear, and now the whole pair of eyes were turning onto Athanasia that sat stunningly on her throne, on her own charm of beauty that already attracked so much attention and stares. Beside her was Izekiel Alpheus and all the bureaucrats that already being decreased until their half, whispering some words lowly to their companion in panting heart, thinking that it would be the worst decision to give the decision toward the Princess.

Would the Princess be generous when she could strike their enemies's life in one single breath without any drop of mercies?

Would the Princess be merciful when she was the one who led their troops forward, bet their life between death and alive just for their victory?

Athanasia sat so calmly, enjoying all the fright she could got from the two's stare and all the whispers that already consumed her mind. They might thought that she has prepared all the painful things and all the brutal orders to pay her sore, to finally vent her avenge out toward the two people who have played her trust, their imperial's trust. But the truth was, she has prepared nothing. Addressing the man which has stood in trembly, in her side was a son from the man which has been kneeling on that hard floor, so trembling for waiting every seconds Athanasia kept silence and the murmurs would only be soaring.