Chapter 1 : Dusts And Ashes

-Lucas's POV

All I saw was only dark. The fire devoured and the people run. Burnt grasses and the lonely landmark, the childs were left in lone and terrified. Hanging by their afraid and wailing tears, cries and desperate shrieks were hopelessly sinking the night into profoundly bleak and dark.

My eyes was halfly-fluttered, halfly-opened, stench was coming from the burnt things, the corpses that were lying, the bones that being crackled and the blood that has stained the road to be red and dirt. The pain now meant to be real, the buildings fell and the town was totally wrecked and destroyed. The road was just cut in half, leaving a deep dark black hole, sizzled, and showing nothing unless the lives that have gone and it was only the regret that still stained.

It was the parade where I stood. The dancers were walking and the songs were playing. The sun sunk and the dusk warmed, parents and childs were running and gathering into crowd of cheers. Many hands were waving, the swaying of papers were jingling, following the gush of wind, that the green flames suddenly appeared and burned the whole city down into dust and ashes.

"Lucas."

That sound of an old man was growing out of nowhere, revealed himself under the obsolete cape and the thin air drew him in shadow between the rolling debris. He stood right where he was, his steps were gliding in slow and remote motion, that the sound of pain which screeched upon the black air was faint. It was just black and dense around us, the light only framed his body into skinny and the hand beneath that black obsolete cape was black as ever. His lengthened teeth was formed a grin, some wrinkles on his lips was also telling the same.

"We've met again, my dear friend. Have you at least expected my coming to be so soon?"

The voice was growing heavily and deeply, bringing himself forward in slow and unsounded motion. The grass was died on his steps, as it was only death and shivers what he brought, and the sound of people cried, shivered, back away, left only both of us in space.

"I don't know you're missing me so much that you seek for my existence, old man. I've made a wrong choice when I chose to let you live that day."

"And this is the cost you must pay for that choice, Lucas."

PRANG!

Red and blue lightning fought, loud boom met and both of the energy just exploded. Two figures were empowering, were attacking, that it was only the flash of light which crackled, and the bright of the light just showed the terrified. The stars have gone dark and the moon died in somber, it was our both eyes that still shone and challenging, that between the two attacks that met in the air, a crackle of blue lightning appeared and slammed my waist.

"Accept your end, Wizard."

The black of his obsolete cape was fluttering wilderedly into a huge shadow, still stood steadily as ever in the air. The ground would only be quivering under my stumbled legs. Beast eyes, dirt breath, blood was spluttering from my mouth. Pain crawled through my heart in worse and it burned me deep in wriggling pain until my bones crackled and broke. I came to the senses that my breaths were leaving and it was only a vain to reach him. I fell into my last coherence, his old wet cloak swept the ground and the only thing I saw was his blue jeweled eyes that glinted viciously.

"Good bye, The Wizard of the Black Tower. May you rest in peace."

BANG!

***

Love, vote, and comment ❤️
Don't forget to also read the side story from this work, called "The Scattering Ashes".
Just check out my profile to find it out.
Thank you 🙂