Keep Me In Your Heart

Start from the beginning

Jackson had paged, called, and texted Gisele and had gotten zero response. He guessed she'd gone home since they had gotten back from Miami and working was the last thing she wanted to do when she was jet lagged.

He was about to go to her house to see her when he caught sight of Amelia at a nurses station, "Hey, have you seen Gigi?"

"Yeah, right before she left for Samoa." She said, directing most of her attention to the computer.

Jackson scrunched up his face in confusion, "Right... Um, I'm sorry," He has no clue where that was, having never heard of Samoa before, "Where?"

"Samoa." Amelia said one again, this time looking up at him and seeing the blank expression on his face. She sighed, "It's in the middle of New Zealand and Hawaii, in the Polynesian region of the Pacific Ocean."

"Okay, but why is she there?"

"She's visiting family," was all she said, not knowing if Gisele would want her telling people about her grandmother.

He nodded, understanding, "Wait, why do they live there?" He asked, Gisele never mentioned any of this.

Amelia rolled her eye, "Because she's half Samoan, her biological mother was too. She got the white from my uncle henceforth why we're related..." she paused, thinking he would've known all of this, "you really don't know any of this and she didn't tell you, you've been screwing each—"

Jackson cut her off, "Shh... just forget I asked," He said before walking away.

Seemingly out of nowhere, Bailey appeared in front of her, "Shepherd, what's this I hear about Gisele taking yet another vacation. I mean, she literally just got back from Miami and now she's on some remote tropical island—"

Amelia cut her off, "Can we go somewhere private?"

Bailey agreed and they went into an empty patient room.

   "I don't know if you met Fetu, her grandmother, when she came."

Bailey nodded, "I did, she seemed like a wonderful person. Why?"

   "She's dying, only has a couple days and Gisele needed to be there."

Bailey's face softened, feeling sorry for Gisele knowing she'd been through a lot in the past two years, "Oh, is she okay? Because she just got better."

Amelia shrugged, "She seems fine but I'm not completely sure."

   "Tell her to take all the time she needs."

Gisele had walked to the beach, seeing how it was only a ten minute walk, she needing time and space to herself. Having the need to get out of the house since it was so crowed, it seemed like the everyone from the island was there.

Her phone rang. Seeing it was her sister she immediately answered, "Hey Mae."

"How's it going?"

"I don't even know how to answer."

"I'm sorry, I wish I could help somehow... do you want me to fly there?"

"You don't have to, I'm okay." She reassured Amelia.

"Does mom know?"

Gisele sighed, "No, I forgot. I didn't think about anything but getting here, I even forgot to pack a bag."

"I know, you left your bag. You should've at least taken the one you took to Miami."

"All those clothes are dirty and not Samoa appropriate, plus I mostly packed bikinis." Gisele said.