Diagnosis

8 weeks old

    THE CHAUFFEUR HELPED UNLOAD THEIR BAGS, while each of them lugged a carseat to the front door. The carseat was slipping out of Gisele's grip so she set it down, she wouldn't want to cause any additional injuries to the baby.

"Are we just going to stand here all day or..." Emilia trailed off as she fanned herself with her hand. It was hotter than she expected it to be and she was overheating in her sweats and hoodie. She was expecting to be in fifty to sixty degree whether not almost a hundred blazing degrees.

"I know where her spare key is, if it's still in the same place." Gisele stated, Emmy was right, it was hot and she wanted to get the babies out of the heat.

Amelia set the car seat down gently on the concrete to free up her hands so she could dig around her bag, "I pretty sure I still have a key to the hous--"

The front door flew open, revealing a slightly older Jake, who sported a salt and pepper beard and had a couple of greys in his hair. He immediately went slack jawed when he saw not Amelia but also Gisele along with three babies on his doorstep. "Amelia? Gisele? What are you doing here?" he looked over at the three babies, extra confused why they had them, "And what are you doing with babies.. You had the babies already?"

"Unfortunately." Gisele grumbled.

Jake stepped aside and widened the door more, then waved them in, "Come in, come in. Get those babies out of the heat. Are you okay? Are they okay? You had them so early."

Gisele shrugged, not wanting to relive her traumatic birthing experience, "Eh, I almost died but it's whatever. Fill you in later, the babies are mostly okay, a few illnesses."

Gisele and Amelia picked up the infant carriers and the three of them walked inside the air conditioned house. Gisele let out a sigh, the wave of coolness relaxed her the tiniest bit.

"Where's Addie?" Amelia asked, looking around the kitchen and living room, not seeing her downstairs or out on the back deck.

"She's at the practice. A patient went into labor, so I'm on Henry duty."

Speaking of Henry, the sound of light footsteps stomped down the stairs and soon a small boy came down the stairs, "Daddy, I can't find shoes." the boy was so concentrated on his foot placement on the stairs that he hadn't noticed the other people in the room.

"I put them in your room."

Henry looked up from the stairs and a giant smile settled onto his face when he noticed Amelia, "Auntie Amy." he hopped down the rest of the stairs, skipping the last two steps before running right to Amelia, she barley had enough time to set the car seat down before she caught him, "I missed you."

Amelia scooped him up, swinging him around a little, she couldn't believe how much he's grown, "I missed you too, Henry. Gosh, you've gotten so big."

"You here."

She nodded, "Yeah, I wanted to surprise you."

Jake lugged in their bags inside, Gisele was impressed he managed to do it in a single trip, then took Henry from Amelia with a huff, "We're running late for a play date." He said before sliding Henry's shoes on. "You guys are more than welcome to anything in the house."

The three of them wave to the pair as they head out the door.

"Are we staying here?" Emmy asked, "Or are we going to the practice?"

"I think we should go see Addie." Gisele suggested, she really didn't want to be in a quiet house when at any moment the babies could start crying.

Amelia nodded, "Okay, let's go."