Amelia's Arrival

THE SUN WAS BEGINNING TO RISE AS EMMY DROVE BACK TO THE HOSPITAL, Amelia was looking out the window, taking in the view.

"And the babies?"

"They all seem to be doing okay."

Amelia frowned from the lack of knowledge on the babies condition, "What no updates from the doctors?"

"Gigi has literally been asleep for the past ten hours." She said, "Jo doesn't know any Italian and I only know enough to have a basic conversation. Gisele is literally the only one who is fluent, including in medical talk."

"Right."

"You know any Italian?"

"No, but I know German... which isn't very helpful in this situation."

They get back to the hospital an hour later, Gisele was still asleep when they arrived as was Jo.

"I can take you back to the house if you're tired." Emmy offered, seeing how Amelia had long flight.

"No, I want to be here when she wakes up."

"Want to see the babies?" She asked.

Amelia nodded, "Yeah."

They walked through the dim halls and rode the elevator up to the NICU. They pushed the doors open, it was also dim in there, it was mostly quiet except for the constant rhythmic beeps coming from the various monitors around them.

Emmy led them to the triplets private room. Amelia went over to the incubator nearest to the door. She gasped at how microscopic the baby was.

"It's so small." She reached in and gently stroked the baby's tiny arm.

"It's?" Emmy asked.

"I don't know what sex the baby is?" Amelia said, she looked at the pink card taped onto the incubator, the words È una ragazza written on it, "And I don't know how to read Italian."

"It's pink."

Amelia shrugged, "I'm not one to assume, for all I know the Italians use pink for boys."

"It's a girl."

Amelia chuckled, "Wow, three girls. Gisele is going to have her hands full. Especially if they turn out anything like her... or god forbid me."

"Yeah, we were all a handful."

The tiny girl opened her eyes, seemingly starring up at Amelia, she smiled, "Hi, I'm your Auntie Amelia."

After Amelia was done spending some time with each one of her new nieces, the two of them made their way back to Gisele's room. The sun was beginning to rise, slowly bringing the morning light into the halls.

Entering the room, Amelia noticed Gisele waking up. She immediately went over to her side and hugged her.

"Hey, I'm so glad you're okay." She pressed a kiss onto Gisele's forehead.

Gisele hummed, "Me too. You didn't say how tiring pushing out a baby would be." She whispered.

Amelia laughed, "Gisele. You're literally pushing out an entire human out of a very small hole, of course it's tiring. And you did it three times."