Babymoon

27 weeks pregnant

GISELE STARED UP AT THE CEILING, she was bored out of her mind. Arizona had forced her to bed rest for the past three weeks, she'd be okay-ish if she was able to rest at home but after some complications the blonde advised for the rest of her stay to be spent at the hospital.

She contemplated getting out of bed and wondering the halls but her back aches the first time she tried. Also there was the fact that Arizona had stationed an intern to play prison guard.

Worst of all, everyone was busy, including both Jo and Stephanie. Emmy was busy in Italy, posing for another fashion magazine that she was meant to be there for moral support.

But none of that topped the night, a week and a half ago, Amelia ran into her room. Gisele thought someone had died or their other sisters were stopping by for a surprise visit, only for her sister to reveal she was getting married, to Owen Hunt of all people.

She immediately felt like the world's worst sister, she'd been so self absorbed(she had very right to be) and hadn't been aware of what was going on with the people around her. Gisele didn't think they were even that serious.

Today was their wedding and she was stuck in the hospital, it was driving her crazy. Gigi knew for a fact their mother or anyone else on their family would be coming for the wedding, chalking it up to Amelia being reckless or off the wagon again.

She grabbed onto the railing, pulling herself with all her force to sit up, letting a sigh out. Even moving the slightest bit was exhausting now, the babies were putting pressure on her lungs.

She took a moment to caught her breath, sloped off the bed and got to her feet, reaching the closet she grabbed her clothes. Quickly changing into one of Derek's oversized shirts and a pair of sweatpants then slipped on her bootie slippers. Gisele waddled over to the door and poking her head out into the hall, surprised to find it empty.

Sneaking out of the room, Gisele waddled down the hall and to the elevator and repeatedly pressed the down button until the doors slid open. Unfortunately for her, April stood there looking down at her phone.

She silently groaned, this was the last thing she needed today.

Gisele stepped onto the elevator and pressed the button for the lobby.

It took a few moments for April to look away from her phone, when she did, she did a double take unsure if her eyes were playing tricks on her. She knew for a fact that the brunette was on strict bedrest.

   "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in bed, resting." She scolded.

Gisele rolled her eyes, she had already gotten a scolding earlier that week for getting out of bed and going to the cafeteria to get with Jo and her sister, "No, you don't get to scold me. I'm still a doctor and I know my body, I know when to listen to it and it's telling me that I'm fine. I'm just here as a precaution," she was exhausted from laying in that hospital bed all day, so it triggered her whenever someone told her she should stay there. Usually, she wouldn't have snapped but today wasn't a usual day, "And I'm especially not staying in bed today."

April held up her hands, "Sorry."

Gigi exhaled, willing the elevator to go faster.

  "Are you going back home?"

Gisele nodded, "Yup."

   "Do you have a ride?" If Gisele was going to leave the hospital she might as well stay with her, make sure she's okay. She was already in her way there.

   "No, I'm going to get a cab."

April was not going to let her ride in a cab in this weather, it was pouring, "I'm on my way there, actually. I can give you a ride if you want?"