Chirurgia and Yacht Parties

6 weeks old

GISELE WASN'T EXPECTING HER MORNING TO TAKE SUCH A BAD TURN, she and Emmy had just gotten done eating breakfast before taking a stroll then head over to the hospital.

Last night before leaving, the doctor informed them the three babies were doing fine and were stable. Now, Gisele was being told all three of them needed surgery.

Three surgeons stood in front of them, each one explaining each condition of each baby, and their operation.

Emmy was constantly looking between Gisele and the doctors, they were speaking proper Italian and long medical words, she could only make out a few words.

By reading the look on Gisele's face, the news didn't seem too good.

Since Spanish and Italian were similar languages and one word really got her attention 'chirurgico'

Emmy frowned, "Wait, chirurgico sounds like cirugía. They need surgery."

Gigi nodded, "Yes, all three of them."

The doctors went back to explaining.

"Proprio ora?" Gisele asked.

The doctors nodded, "Sarebbe meglio."

Gisele sighed, "Okay."

They handed her some forms to sign. After signing, each baby was prepped for surgery.

"Why do they need surgery?"

Gisele let out a shaker breathe, "Kaia's left ventricle weakness has gotten worse and needs a pda ligation."

"What? I thought her heart was doing better."

"Guess not. Atlas failed her eye exam and has stage 3 rop disease on both eyes and needs laser surgery. Florence's brain bleed got worse and also needs surgery."

"Everything's okay. They're getting the surgery, they're going to be fine." Emmy assured her.

Gigi sighed out, "I'm tired of this."

"I know it's a lot but—"

"Let's go get daydrunk on a boat or something." Gisele said, heading for the door.

Emmy worriedly followed after her.

It had been seven weeks since Catherine was last in Seattle for the birth of her first grandchild. She hadn't seen Gisele then and hadn't heard from her either, she was starting to get concerned. So, now that she was back in Seattle again, she decided the first place to look for her goddaughter was her house.

The car pulled up in front of Gisele's house, Catherine thanked the driver and informed him she wouldn't be long. She got out the car and made her way up the driveway, and up the porch. She knocked on the door waiting for a response, after waiting a few moments there was none. Deciding it wouldn't hurt to look around, Catherine decided to get inside, she turned the door knob praying it's not locked.

The door creaked open and Catherine let out a cheer, "Bingo."

Stepping inside, she slipped off her coat and hung it on the coat rack, along with her bag. She peeked into the living finding it empty.