Mama Tried

16 weeks pregnant

NO MATTER HOW MUCH SHE TOSSED AND TURNED, Gisele threw off the blanket and sat up, she looked over and saw Emmy was fast asleep which annoyed. It really wasn't fair Emmy was able to get so much sleep and she wasn't, the thought of pushing her off crossed her mind but she looked to peaceful and decided to leave her be. 

    Carefully, she crawled out of bed, not wanting her movements to wake Emmy or trigger her nausea(she was beginning to rethink getting a hanging bed) once she got to her feet she tiptoed over to the couch and turned on the tv. Even though she intended to watch the movie, she couldn't concentrate and didn't hear Emmy.

"It's three in the morning. Why are you up?" Emmy asked, sitting down next to her.

Gigi shrugged, "I can't sleep."

"Is it heartburn? Nausea?"

Gisele shook her head, "No, oddly it's not pregnancy related. Ive just been having bad dreams about my mom and dad."

"What are they about?"

"I don't really know, I don't remember much when I wake up. Just that they're yelling at each other and maybe fighting each other."

Emmy frowned, "Like physically fighting each other?"

"I think so, I don't know." Gigi trailed off, jumping from the sharp pain that stabbed at her right lower abdomen.

Emmy noticed Gigi wince and hot she jumped back, she knew something was hurting her best friend, "What hurts?"

The pain passed and quickly as it appeared, "Nothing anymore, that was weird."

"Was it that random pain in your ribs?"

Gigi shook her head, "No, it wasn't that type of pain. It really doesn't hurt anymore."

"You sure?"

She nodded, "Yeah."

Emmy leaned over, playing a kiss on her cheek, "Does that man I can go back to bed?" She asked playfully, if Gisele had asked her to stay with her she would but Emmy got the impression that Gigi waved to be alone and think.

"Yes, you can go," she kissed Emmy's cheek, "Thanks for checking on me."

"No es una problema," Emmy leaned over, giving her a quick hug before standing up and heading back to bed, "I love you."

"I love you too."

The alarm had woke Emmy with a start, usually it was Gigi waking her instead of the alarm. She carefully climbed out of bed, she had grown used to the bed swaying that and she was tired of falling off the bed and face planting on the floor. Walking back to the couch, she saw that Gigi was still sleeping on there, again she found odd. She figured she was just tired from staying up, so she let her sleep and went to the bathroom to shower.

After her shower and getting ready for work, she stepped out of the bathroom, going back to couch and was extremely concerned about Gisele, she still hadn't woken up."

Emmy gently shook her friend, Gigi let out a annoyed whine, "We gotta get up, hermosa. We're gonna be late if you don't get up right now."

Gisele groaned, stretching as she looked up at her friend, "I don't want to."

Emmy frowned, she placed her hand on Gisele's feeling if she was warm, which she was, "You're a little warm... maybe you should just stay home. I'll tell Bailey, or I could call out for you maybe I can even stay here with you."