At Last

20 weeks pregnant

GISELE STARTLED AWAKE, she'd been having recurring nightmares of the same dream. She was six and was hiding in a closet but she could still see through the opening, her dad was hitting her mom, which hadn't made any sense to her because her dad was the kindest man she knew... then again she was just a little kid and a lot of her memory were fuzzy from that time.

Gisele rolled onto her side, groaning out of frustration when she something wet and sticky between her legs, reaching over she shook her friend, "Emmy," she hummed in response, "I think I'm bleeding."

Emmy sat up, "Are you okay? Are you still bleeding?"

Gigi shook her head, "I don't think. Help me up."

Emmy quickly got out of bed and went to her side, she was still scared from last time Gigi woke her up saying she was bleeding.

Gisele had been 11 weeks pregnant when it first happened.

She had woken up with the urge to pee, she sat up and threw the covers off of herself, revealing a puddle of blood pooling in between her legs, and it was a lot. Her eyes began to get watery, she was freaking out due to the amount of blood.

The flushing of a toilet had gotten her attention, and it was then that she noticed Emmy wasn't in bed.

"Emmy." It had came out a mere whisper, so her friend hadn't heard.

Emmy walked back over to the bed, surprised Gigi was awake, "Why are you up?" she noticed how pale she was, "Are you okay?" Gigi shook her head and looked down at her lap, Emmy followed her gaze and was alarmed by the amount of blood, "Oh my god."

"I think I'm still bleeding." Gisele mumbled.

"We need to get to the hospital," she went over to the attic door and yelled down, "Lia! Amelia!"

Gisele took a deep calming breath, before switching to doctor mode and going through the signs of miscarriage(which she hoped what this was but wouldn't say it out loud) There wasn't any cramping, or abdominal pain, she didn't have a fever. She didn't have any back pain, well not any more than usual, which all were good signs.

Amelia had sluggishly trekked up the final steps, angry she was woken up in the early hours of the morning when she had work in a few hours, "I'm going to kill you if you woke me up just because you have cravings," She flipped thee switch, turning on the lights, "Also, I think we're all out of..." trailing off when she saw the panicked look on Emilias face then the pale sickly look on her sister's, "What's wrong?" she asked as she sped over to the bed, seeing the blood made her understand the panic, "Gisele, it's going to be fine. Everything will be fine, we just have to get you to the hospital. Meredith!"

"Are you cramping?" Emmy worriedly asked.

After going through the checklist and finding nothing else wrong, she was much calmer, "Guys, I'm fine. I just need help changing the sheets because I'm too tired to do it."

Emmy helped her up off the bed, "That much blood is not okay."

Amelia scoffed, not believing her sister at all, "Gigi, I'm taking you to the hospital. Arizona needs to make sure everything is fine-Meredith!"

Gisele sighed, there was no way she would be able to convince her sister and best friend that she was fine and wouldn't need another trip to the hospital, "Amelia, I'm fine. They're okay, most likely. I don't have cramps. There's no abdominal pain. My back feels like crap but what else do you expect when carrying twins," she grabbed Amy's hand and placed it in her forehead, "I don't have a fever. I'm okay."