The Sound of Silence: Part II

Huffing out a breath in boredom for the hundredth time, Gisele looked around the room, everything was a different shade of beige

She hated beige, supposedly it was meant serenity and warmth but to her it was just dull and blah.

"Dr. Shepherd." Carson, her therapist, said getting her attention.

Gisele looked over at her, "Huh?" Carson looked a few years older than her.

She sighed, setting her pen and notebook down on the coffee table in front of her, "You missed my whole introduction."

"Sorry, it's just... you couldn't pick any other color," she said, "Beige is boring."

"Well, it's a good thing we're not here to discuss the color scheme," at least her shrink had a personality, unlike the color scheme of the room, "So, what brings you here?"

Gisele sighed, "Because I need help."

Carson narrowed her eyes, unamused by her answer, "I know you need help that's why you're here but can you be specific on what you need help with?"

"Emotions and relationships."

"Can you elaborate on that?" Carson picked up her notebook and began scribbling inside it.

"I'm having a hard time maintaining the relationships in my life and expressing my emotions, I guess."

    "You guess?" Carson repeated.

"Yup."

"Okay," Carson sighed in annoyance, "I'm gonna need more than that to help you."

  "You seem kinda bitchy." Gisele blurted out.

  "I'm sorry you feel that way. I can switch with someone else if you feel uncomfortable."

She shook her head, "No, I'm not uncomfortable. I just... you remind me of my friend. She's bitchy too, the good kind."

Carson chuckled, "Didn't know there was a good kind," she noticed how her sea foam green eyes lit at the mention of her friend, "What's your friend's name?"

   "Emmy."

"What about your relationship with her?" Carson asked.

"What about it?"

"I noticed how your eyes lit up when you mentioned her. Tell me about your relationship with her."